587,624 active members*
3,306 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Stepper motor stalled

I just finished up a retrofit of a small spectralight turning center. I installed keling 284 oz in motors, and 4XCNC10B to drive them. I tried it out and all I get is stalled motors. I also got to thinking how does the driver know which field to engergize. I just wired it up. I did test the 8 wires coming from the motor to find out which ones went together but does it need to pulse the field in order? How do I know which wire goes where.

Yes, the fields do require that they be energized in a particular sequence.....get the motor spec's or plan on spending alot of time experimenting...

Keling has the motor wireings diagrams which will tell you how to wire them, in either unipolar, bipolar series or parrallel.

Roni,
    Did you get the stalled stepper going? I was also looking at the Keling 282 in oz for the x axis of a 9 - 20 lathe. Let me know how it turned out and what you did to resolve the stall.

Thanks
    Ron

I offer free tech help on all my products. If you still need help e-mail or call me and I will get you up and running. I want your board to run.

David Delagrange, Owner
    Delagrange Technology LLC
    4024 Fairfield Avenue
    Fort Wayne, IN 46807

Phone: (260) 557-9280
    Hours: Monday-Friday, 5:00 p.m.- 9:00 p.m.
    E-mail: [email protected]
    http://www.dtllc.com