587,082 active members*
2,828 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

StickFont Editor BETA available

Hey All-

There is now a beta version of the StickFont Editor available. You can finally create your own character sets for StickFont! This software gives you a CAD style interface for creating and editing characters. It also includes the True Type font converter for instantly creating StickFont font sets from any font on your PC.

Download it here:
    http://www.ncplot.com/stickfontv2/St...tEdit_v100.exe

Thanks,
    Scott

Excellent program. Too easy. It works so well.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Thanks Neil, I'm looking for comments or suggestions for improvements. I just updated the StickFont v2 page on the web site. This page now includes the editor along with a download link. I'll be updating this page when new beta versions are available, which there is now. Beta 2 was uploaded earlier today, I've got the undo/redo mostly hooked up and there are some other fixes.

Thanks,
    Scott

Hi Scott,

I'll have a look this week and email you.

Neil

I just uploaded StickFont Editor beta 3.

This update now saves the toolbar state between sessions and adds options for exporting/importing the menu shortcut keys.

The undo/redo is finished. The undo stack is limited to 20 actions and is cleared when switching between characters.

Lots of other fixes and improvements. I'll be working on the help file, but for now here are some tips to help get you going:

Viewport actions:
    Left click to select single entities
    CTRL - left click to select multiple entities
    Left click and drag to window select
    SHIFT - left click to select a whole path

Right click and drag to pan the viewport
    Right click to terminate an active command, right click again to repeat last command.

Some commands have options, look for letters in square brackets in the command line text. The line command is an example, after the start point has been picked you have two optional settings. The first is [l] for length and the other is [a] for angle. Click the command line and enter one of the letters followed by a value, such as "L2.4". This option constrains the length of the line to the entered value. The other option "A" will constrain the angle of the line. Some options are simple yes/no settings, just enter the option letter on the command line to toggle the setting.

In addition to grid and object snaps, some commands allow constraining the cursor position to angular intervals. This is called orthogonal snaps and the angular increment can be set on the preferences window. Holding the SHIFT key while a command is active will activate ortho if the command allows it.

The circle, arc and ellipse commands will approximate the desired shape with a series of line segments. On the preferences window is a setting for arc resolution which will determine how accurately the shape will be reproduced. Moving the resolution slider to the right will cause more line segments to be created.

Thats it for now, I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions!

Thanks,
    Scott

And please feel free to share your fonts!

StickFont Editor beta 4 is now available for download. Go to NCPlot.com - Tools for CNC Programmers and click the "StickFont v2" button to go to the download page.

This version is nearly finished! I still need to finish up the help file and a couple other finishing touches but all the functionality is there that I had planned on. So please give it a try and report any bugs you find.

And here's a new font. Well, it's the old default.chr that I updated to improve the number of points in the curved sections of the letters. This font will scale up much better than the old one.

THanks,
    Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files

Runtime error

Hi Scott,
    can't try the StickFont Editor. Shows me the gui and then an error message pops up:

Runtime error 11
    Division by zero

Please have a look

thanks

Richard

Win 7 x64

Richard,

I think I've got this fixed now. I uploaded it as beta 5 which includes a couple of other fixes as well.

Thanks,
    Scott