588,206 active members*
4,421 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Surfcam 5 axis spost

Surfcam 5 axis spost

Hi everybody.
    I am a new member ,and need help on spost for Surfcam 5 axis.
    i have brigemill post on Surfcam 5 axis.I want to modify it so the g-code would match with my machine,but i do not understand the spost format.
    please help.
    Thanks
    Kevin

SPOST help

I've found MPOST much easier to use than SPOST, so I do all 3-axis applications with it. I did do one 5-axis SPOST in 1997. I don't remember much about it, but I did have good success. I think I have a copy somewhere in a back-up, but I'd have to dig for it. The machine was an SNK vertical with two tilting axis and a Fanuc 11. My only snag was the distinction between a "dependant" and an "independent" axis designation in the beginning of the file. An independent tilting or rotary axis is always FIXED. In other words the rotation axis "A" is always parallel to "X", "B" is always parallel to "Y", and "C" to "Z". A dependent axis occurs when two rotary or tilting axis are "stacked" or "nested" one on top of the other, as was the SNK. "B" was always parallel to "Y" with the whole head (including "A" axis) pivoting on a fixed axis. When "B" tilted, "A" axis was no longer parallel to "X". The post must then output the "projected" value of the "A" vector instead of the true absolute value directly from the APT file.

If you can describe the specific or general nature of your stumbling block, I'll look though my documentation and try to talk you through. I know the whole process of compiling the file, creating the APT file, and understanding the commands was initially confusing. I had Fortran in school in the 80's, and it was helpful having a formal programming language. If you show the SPOST book to a 'C' or Fortran programmer, it will probably make some sense to them.

Thanks for your reply.
    This is the 1st time i try to programfor a Pulse Laser machine equiped with X,Y,Z,A,C,D.
    C is attached and rotate perpendictcularity with the head,D is attached to C and rotate up,down.
    The task require to drill some compound angle holes.I programmed and posted for 5axis bridge mill (spost).
    Codes for machine came out different in angle (A,B),and even location is way off.
    With mpost I could see what happened,but it is just up to 4 axis.
    Attached is the files with some points.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

BaBanh, I not sure how you want to setup on the machine. For the table setup, which way is it C parallel to X or Y?

According to the attached file I see you want to put the part 4.69045854IN away from center of the table. and you said the location and angle is way off? well can you check under Spost and under second axis pivot, what is the pivot distant? that number will make everything change.

As far as you want to change A to C and B to D. You can go into MPost processor itself and replace to whatever ASII you want.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

vwdevotee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by newtexas2006 View Post
    BaBanh, I not sure how you want to setup on the machine. For the table setup, which way is it C parallel to X or Y?
    Assuming you are sticking with tthe standard axis convention, C axis is around the Z axis. With the positive direction being anti-clockwise when viewed from the top. (I think).

Cheers