587,333 active members*
3,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SV013 Alarm on X and Z axis

Alarm SV013 on X and Z Axis.

Machine: Mori Sieki Junior vertical mill,circa 1985 with Fanuc 10M controller.

We are a new shop with existing,in place machines that came with the place. This machine obviously had issues as the instructions on how to over ride normal start-up checks are hand written in front of the operator manual. I believe it's press - and . while powering up and bypass normal reference check,rehome etc...
    But the bigger issue with Junior is while checking the travel limits to better visualize the fixtures we can utilize...it sat for a few minutes within travel limits,no alarms...Came back and we have the SV013 alarms.
    Ladder shows the servos are not powering up causing the alarm. Checked the terminals for the servos. They are supposed to read 100 volts AC and only show 60 volts AC.
    We have an identical model and it checks as it should...
    Not sure how a machine setting within stroke limits can suddenly loose 2 servos at the same time? The machine cabinets have oil and residue inside,including board cabinet...
    Any one have ideas on how bad this really is? Thank you.

sv 013 x-z servo

hi, i would try switching x and z servo one at a time with good machine if they are good there than transformer may be bad , also are these dc motors blow out brush dust. nakatome

I managed to get myself out of that nasty SV013 alarm on X and Z....
    I did a couple things. First I removed cover, I cleaned out the limit switches on the X axis,servo motor side. That did not fix the problem. Given the fact that I was checking stroke limits I suspected that X axis was more likely to be my problem than Z axis as it was closer to an out of bounds area.
    I cut power clear back to service disconnect at wall,then rotated the ball screw until it was off of the limit switches. It took a couple tries but the SV013 alarms are gone completely. Cycled power several times. Every time it starts properly,with no alarms or errors.
    Now I have movement and control which is better than what I had.
    I need to do some fine tuning on the X axis as it will "Soft OT on the positive X when homing.
    Any insight as to best approach to go after this current problem? Would changing the grid shift be best or changing the soft OT travel limits? Thanks!

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by nakatome View Post
    hi, i would try switching x and z servo one at a time with good machine if they are good there than transformer may be bad , also are these dc motors blow out brush dust. nakatome
    Thanks for the excellent input nakatome! I was saving that for last resort as my duties are for now primarily focused on job set-ups and operation. I will take your advice and get the dust out before I put the covers back on,I'm glad you said something...

soft ot x

hi, when you power up and hold the - and . key should let you ref zero . if soft ot is set to close to ref zero, pram 5220 is value stroke limit + direction, 5221 is for - direction, both parm are for each axis. also if you change setting pram from inch to metric , position screen machine value would be the value you set in the pram , last if -and + key dose not help x ref zero change + pram to +99999999 be sure to change value back or check the value in 5220/5221 in your good machine good luck, nakatome

Quote Originally Posted by nakatome View Post
    hi, when you power up and hold the - and . key should let you ref zero . if soft ot is set to close to ref zero, pram 5220 is value stroke limit + direction, 5221 is for - direction, both parm are for each axis. also if you change setting pram from inch to metric , position screen machine value would be the value you set in the pram , last if -and + key dose not help x ref zero change + pram to +99999999 be sure to change value back or check the value in 5220/5221 in your good machine good luck, nakatome

That sounds like the most logical way to handle it. I have a half work day tomorrow so maybe I can get to it "after" work....Thank you for your help nakatome, I really do appreciate it!