587,518 active members*
3,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > switch from BobWire v16.- to BobWire v19

switch from BobWire v16.- to BobWire v19

I have been using BobWire (version 16.-) for several years.
    No complants , it does everything for me.
    Actually , I draw the profile to my satisfaction in Smartsketch CAD, by
    Intergraph, then save as an Auto Cad DXF. file. Then open it up in BobWire.

I have been considering BobWire version 19 for a few years but have not acted on it because of my comfort level with version 16.

I would like to hear from a user of BobCad 19 , who can give me some feed back , and how it compares with BobCad 16.

Thanks WEDDLETON.

Wonder when they will have it for 2007? Will be nice to see a full blown solid model wirecut!

Quote Originally Posted by tjones View Post
    Wonder when they will have it for 2007? Will be nice to see a full blown solid model wirecut!
    One thing at a time Tjones. We don't want to swamp the Developers with too much at one time LOL. They have enough to do for right now.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Hey

I'M NOT A USER BUT ACTUALLY WORK FOR BOBCAD! The version 19 wire is much faster and easier to work with. one thing the 16 wire is a dos based software and the 19 wire is a 32 bit windows program, which makes it so much faster. You can save with long file names, 16 wire only allows you to save 8 characters. the 19 wire is always in selection mode which means you can select more than one entity at a time, where 16 wire you can only select one entity at a time by going to the top menu, looking for select entities and then selecting the entity on your part. this is a repeat process for every entity, so if you have a part with 50 or more entities it can be very time consuming. you can now bring in dwg files, dxf, iges, and step. it has a built in calculator as well as solid part rendering and a run time estimator. if you like the 16 wire you will love the 19 wire!!
    upgrade mngr./ Brad Chasnoff / www.bobcad.com
    877-262-2231 ext 183/ [email protected]

Cool

Hi WEDDLETON

Just to let you know from a former BCC wire user, waited nearly 3 years for v19 and was very dissapointed as the 2d cad was made more complexed and not so user friendly and the CAM was bairly touched!!! after lots of promises, which is when i changed (to one cnc).

Looking at the new mill2007 though it seems that BCC are back on the right track with the tree manager etc so would definetely wait for 2007wire(or better still one cnc for slightly more cash!!) and really dont bother with v19!! IMHO

Cheers Kev :cheers:

from 16 to 19 ?

Thanks Kevh,
    You reply has helped me .
    I will wait for a better upgrade from bobwire, or eventually upgrade to
    something else. Mabey ONE CNC.

Quote Originally Posted by WEDDLETON View Post
    Thanks Kevh,
    You reply has helped me .
    I will wait for a better upgrade from bobwire, or eventually upgrade to
    something else. Mabey ONE CNC.
    If you read some of the posts here on CNC Zone you will find that OneCNC has a few issues with their Tech Support. There isn't any LOL.

Have you asked Gandalf about the BobWire? He uses V19 I think and might be able to help you for the time being.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Hi Toby D.

Thanks for your reply, I will check out the support help for one cnc.
    I use BobeWire v16 every day, and it works fine for me. It allows me to make a precise wire path that I can quickly and easily load onto our Sodick
    A325 wire EDM.

I have never had to use the support from BobCad for v16 wire, so I
    didn`t even consider that, Thanks.

I Know that there are many products out there that work just fine.
    and we are probably missing out on some major improvments. That is why
    I`m looking to upgrade.

I posted my upgrade question on the BobCad forum and got no response.
    I`m not sure what that means , but it was not what I was expecting.

TOM W.

Try to PM Gandalf on CAD/CAM Trainer. He might have some answers to your questions. I believe he has a seat of V19 Wire.

http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com