587,220 active members*
2,964 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    These threads lately are crazy. How can they seriously sell machines that don't run.

Heading towards a cliff edge by the looks of it with the more than dubious Chinese electrical and electronic components.

It is good to know that you are getting lots of help here on the forum specially direct from the manufacturer in China. But since you got your unit from the local distributor here in Australia which is TITAN . I think it is their obligation to help you out and fix it themselves.

I'm currently looking for a CNC to invest in for my small shop and I'm considering in getting a Syil since they have a local distributor here and their price is very competitive, but if I'am not going to get local technical support. I guess I should stay away from it as well :-(

pdh8953, I hope you could have your X7 running smoothly the soonest time :-)

Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    These threads lately are crazy. How can they seriously sell machines that don't run
    I only speak for my distribution in Argentina, we never ship a machine to a customer without testing it for at least a day, takes time but also saves a lot of headaches...

Pablo
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Quote Originally Posted by PEU View Post
    I only speak for my distribution in Argentina, we never ship a machine to a customer without testing it for at least a day, takes time but also saves a lot of headaches...

Pablo

I hope the distributor here is as reliable as you :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    In config/ports and pins/spindle setup..

Try different settings. If PWM value is wrong it won't work.
    Start at say 200. Write down min/max speed that works.
    Then 400, Write down what works. ands so on.
    You will soon get the idea and find a suitable value.
    900 worked for me, but that is on an old BOB. Not X > 3. DOn't know the correct value.
    PWM and motor output need the tick too.
    The value required, sometimes is different depending on port characteristics.
    Ask for the correct settings from Syil.
    Hi Neil

Thanks heaps for your help. I don't use Mach 3, my machine has the Adt industrial controller. Have you had anything to do with them?

Quote Originally Posted by PEU View Post
    Try running your X7 with the attached config file, I checked it with a X7 6000RPM model such as yours yesterday.

Only thing you need to verify is the port #1 address to match your PC's and you can disable port #2 (I use it for MPG)

If this fails I think your problem is in the daughterboard, the small board in the spindle boards that handles the communication to the pc via the breakout board.

Another hint about the daugtherboard being bad is this: if you put the front switch in cnc mode you still can command it with front panel speed and start/stop buttons.

good luck!

Pablo
    I don't use Mach 3, I have the ADT industrial controller. Have any of your machines got that controller?

I can't use the spindle manually when the front switch is in cnc mode!

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by pearldiver View Post
    It is good to know that you are getting lots of help here on the forum specially direct from the manufacturer in China. But since you got your unit from the local distributor here in Australia which is TITAN . I think it is their obligation to help you out and fix it themselves.

I'm currently looking for a CNC to invest in for my small shop and I'm considering in getting a Syil since they have a local distributor here and their price is very competitive, but if I'am not going to get local technical support. I guess I should stay away from it as well :-(

pdh8953, I hope you could have your X7 running smoothly the soonest time :-)

The position your at is where I was about 12 months. Trying to decide whether to invest in a small CNC mill or not. Well this is how things are travelling for me.

Firstly I'm not a company. I am a part time Tafe teacher and do some contract machining for a company 3 days a week. I have brought this machine to put in my shed and do some work from home. I have told the company I contract too and there going to give me a bit of work.

I arranged finance and payed my desposit in September 2010. It is now mid April 2011 and I have payed thousands in finance repayments for it this stage $zero return.

I think this machine has alot of potential. Well I hope so!

pdh8953,

I know nothing of the ADT controller. Can you post some documentation?
    A bit like flying IFR with no vacuum.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by pdh8953 View Post
    I don't use Mach 3, I have the ADT industrial controller. Have any of your machines got that controller?

I can't use the spindle manually when the front switch is in cnc mode!

Thanks for your help
    Ahh, we should have started here

No, we never purchased machines with the ADT controller and I´m in no hurry, mach3 works great.

Good luck!
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●

Quote Originally Posted by pdh8953 View Post
    I arranged finance and payed my desposit in September 2010. It is now mid April 2011 and I have payed thousands in finance repayments for it this stage $zero return.
    I feel for you. Unfortunatly I'm not familiar with this model. I'm surprised at how patient you have been and curious as to why you did not get this resolved with the Au distributor... and have to get Syil China to work it out. It may be time to seek financial compensation from your Au distributor. Talk to a lawyer and take them to the cleaners if that can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed from NY View Post
    It may be time to seek financial compensation from your Au distributor. Talk to a lawyer and take them to the cleaners if that can be done.
    AAAAARRRRRGH !!
    Why is it some people always get a lawyer involved? Lawyers will just add one more problem to your situation.
    Distill the issue down to its basics.
    You have a machine built in China that doesn't run. You can't rely on the people who built it to fix it- if they could, it would have worked in the first place. If you read the posts on this forum, you will find a bunch of guys with the same problem and they always have to fix it themselves or get help from other members.
    I would say dump the whole control system and spend the money on a domestic unit that has good service. In the long run you will have more peace of mind and be up and running.

HEAR, HEAR!! Well put, sharpshooter90. Who needs parasites?

Mach3 with a touch screen, is just perfect and the support and knowledge base outclasses anything else you will find.

If you need external control buttons etc, that is easy too.
    100% reliable once the setup is done, and all you need is one .XML file and a low cost license. Download Mach3, and do some dry runs on a PC.

I'm almost out of here.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter90 View Post
    AAAAARRRRRGH !!
    Why is it some people always get a lawyer involved? Lawyers will just add one more problem to your situation.
    Distill the issue down to its basics.
    You have a machine built in China that doesn't run. You can't rely on the people who built it to fix it- if they could, it would have worked in the first place. If you read the posts on this forum, you will find a bunch of guys with the same problem and they always have to fix it themselves or get help from other members.
    I would say dump the whole control system and spend the money on a domestic unit that has good service. In the long run you will have more peace of mind and be up and running.
    I understand what your saying. What's annoying with respect to my decision on buying a Syil mill is that I thought it would be best to buy a new machine with a warranty. I've bought this machine thinking I would be up running once I placed it in my shed, got it level and plugged the power in. The machine has a warranty but I thought it would be unlikely that I would have to use it.

As we all know it hasn't exactly worked out as I had planned

Dumping the control system would be a big call. What do you replace it with and how many thousand dollars would it cost.

I would love to talk to someone who has the same machine as mine and doing some serious work with it.

HEAR, HEAR!! Well put, sharpshooter90. Who needs parasites?

Mach3 with a touch screen, is just perfect and the support and knowledge base outclasses anything else you will find.

If you need external control buttons etc, that is easy too.
    100% reliable once the setup is done, and all you need is one .XML file and a low cost license. Download Mach3, and do some dry runs on a PC.

I'm almost out of here.
    When I ordered the machine I thought it would be best for it to have it's own industrial controller.

The worst thing now is that Mach 3 is more common and I would have been able to get a lot of advice with it's set up off this forum

Even if I wanted to change to Mach 3 it wouldn't be easy because the machine isn't wired for a PC parrallel port. It has various cable's coming out of the industrial controller to run it.

Was this set up by Syil?
    Ask for documentation.
    Without that, no one can fix it, short of starting again.
    The mach3 interface is quite simple. One small PCB. Machine internals will be very similar.
    Does all the motion stuff work?
    Is it just the spindle control?
    Take some photos of the machine internals.

In OZ we become a little practical at times....
    ED. Location is a loooong way from shipping port, as is (no doubt non-existing) pre-delivery process.

To each his own, I suppose

Was this set up by Syil?
    Ask for documentation.
    Without that, no one can fix it, short of starting again.
    The mach3 interface is quite simple. One small PCB. Machine internals will be very similar.
    Does all the motion stuff work?
    Is it just the spindle control?
    Take some photos of the machine internals.

In OZ we become a little practical at times....
    ED. Location is a loooong way from shipping port, as is (no doubt non-existing) pre-delivery process.
    I wont be changing to Mach 3 control unless I absoutly have to. The contoller should be ok and shouldn't be causing my spindle issue's.

I received an email from my distributer today. He has asked Syil to send a VFD and motor to upgrade my machine. He has a shipment leaving today.

Once I upgrade my spindle hopefully this will be all behind me

Syil sent me a second spindle board which I have installed and it is working in cnc mode with no problems. It starts up at all rpm.

Just when I thought I would be set to do some serious machining I have another problem that has developed. I think the x axis stepper motor is losing steps. It's like the x axis work offset randomly moves. When you start the program the machine goes where it should in y and z axis but the x axis is out between 1 to 5mm

I would love to here from someone who has had some real success with a X7 mill. Mine has been a bloody nightmare!

Check the motor settings. Could just be the acceleration or feedrate is just a bit too high.

pdh8953..
    Do you have the ADT controller manuals?
    You will need to read them. You have the acceleration setting not set up correctly.
    Once a stepper motor goes above a certain speed it cannot stop instantaneously with losing steps, just like it can't instantaneously accelerate to the fast speed.
    The acceleration needs to be controlled when beyond the critical speed, which depends not only on the stepper motor,
    but the current limit settings on the driver, the driver supply voltage, and the inertia of the machine to name a few.
    It probably needs to different on each axis. X moves the table. Y moves the table and the Y part as well. Z -- well that will be different too.

Below the critical speeds, all will work OK.
    Most likely the rapid feed (G0) speed settings are where you will notice it.
    Once it is set up correctly, it WILL work perfectly.
    You need to check ALL the settings, and confirm that they are within the capabilities of the driver, steppers, machine and controller.

Can you post a copy of the manual here? Otherwise we can only watch.

Page 2 of 3 123