588,182 active members*
4,046 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: T-32 Alarms

T-32 Alarms

Hi Guys,
    I turned on my mazak QT15N (T32-2) this morning and got "Alarm 058 Emergency Stop(External)" powered off and back on and I'm getting "Alarm 128 Emergency Stop" for about 2 seconds then it changes to "Alarm 201 Breaker Trip" .
    Don't know what to do, I'm supposed to have a job ready for Monday ! Any help would be very much appreciated.

Mark.

Did you check/reset all the cabinet breakers and all the overloads on contactors etc.?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks Al,
    I've checked all breakers and reset contactors, checked any fuses I could see, nothing wrong. The only problem I came accross was in a small black metal box inside the right hand door. It's a small black mesh box with AVR written under it. From what's written on the side it seems to take in 100V-120V AC and gives out 24V DC . I looked in the electrical book and it shows it as part of the "AC Panel" I just noticed some smoke coming from it when machine was switched on. Not a lot of smoke just a small bit. I noticed the base of one of the capacitors glowing and smoke rising from it. Forgot to check the input's and output's ! I've taken out the box now and I might try and replace this capacitor if i can find one with the same rating on it. It might be nothing, but it's the only thing I could see that's not right. Do you think this could be the problem ?

That sounds like one of the 24vdc switching supplies.
    If so you can substitute it with any switching supply of the same current capacity, IIRC it is around a 5 amp supply?
    Smoke is never a good sign, regardless.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Problem Solved

I put in a 110v AC - 24v DC 5amp Power supply that I had in the shop for something else. Started the machine and the problem is gone. Machine working again. Super. Thanks a lot for your help Al.

Mark.