587,220 active members*
2,693 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > TB6560HQ-Stepping Motor Driver IC 3.5amp
Page 14 of 14 4121314
    Christopher01 Guest
    I have a stepping motor that i can't seem to get working.i'm going to list everything that is on the label.Stepping motor,Mitsumi,
    i'm not to exicited about buying a driver for it. I am looking USEFULL information.

hello folks are you all still active on making this?

Quote Originally Posted by lucas View Post
    Hi,

there are 2 versions of "my design".
    The first one has jumpers for all options (torque and decay control), these have been removed on the lastest version.

I still have one problem: on the first version the motor is noisy (hissing) and completely silent on the second version, I don't know why:
    PCB design, the different type of current sense resistors I used or the removed option jumpers.

I don't have pcb's of the second version but have a few of the first one.

I really need some time to investigate the noise disappearence by swapping components.

Which motors do you have, output current required? Also wich power supply do you intend to use?

My design is really simple but needs an optically isolated BOB (designed my own matching these drivers :-) ).

Are you in a hurry? : I will make a new batch of the second version in the near future but can't say when.

Regards,
    Luc.

The TB6560 has some design flaws and fails regulary due to a "complex" power-up sequence.
    I've used it since it was introduced and have 2 machines using these without problems.
    You can see a pic of my latest design here: http://users.skynet.be/ldt/CNC%20ele...B6560_assy.jpg
    I currently don't offer a kit but if you want some please contact me.

The spec's of this chip are far inferiour to the THB6064 but the chip is cheaper and so is the rest of the parts, this results in a much cheaper drive for low power motors (24V supply and 2.5Amp current, these are the safe settings). I will still use it for these specific situations.

If you need a cheap DIY drive with some reserve for upgrades in the future: have a look at the 3 THB6064 designs (40V supply and 4Amp current, safe settings also).

aha ... that is nice ... i am just looking for some alternative to A4988

my steppers are rated 10V and 0.9A @ 59oz/in

so these TB6560AHQ, i assume they are the same made in china?

i am looking to make some experimental drivers that have drive PWM in the region of 100-200kHz clock.

Quote Originally Posted by whitelabs View Post
    aha ... that is nice ... i am just looking for some alternative to A4988

my steppers are rated 10V and 0.9A @ 59oz/in

so these TB6560AHQ, i assume they are the same made in china?

i am looking to make some experimental drivers that have drive PWM in the region of 100-200kHz clock.
    For those motors, I would strongly suggest the Linistepper. Even the TB6560 is overkill for that motor, and will (as Luc said) NOT be reliable.
    Stepper Motors
    More than enough power for your motors, as supplied with the kit, and you can order replacement drive transistors for a few dollars if you fry them.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

hmmm linsteppers ...

A4988s are cheap, $7.50 for a full board plug and play.

i am past that and going to the part of driving a stepper motor custom to its ability/characteristics. this is the part where ppl are saying does your motor whine, miss steps etc.

the reason i fried 4 is because my hand moved ... and the probe shorted the SMD 4 times hahahahaha ! stupid SMDs!!!

i find that the best advantage of the 6xxx chips are the ability to sink larger amts of heat compared to 8825s (or any SMD,Fxx,etc). but to a builder like me, larger parts = easier to solder ... instead of trying to pick up SMD with my big thumbs lol.

A4988s are cheap, because they are low power chopper drivers. The Linistepper provides more power, and isn't a chopper, so there is ZERO whine. You can find links to videos on the site if you want to hear it. And the kit is entirely through hole parts, nothing closer than 0.1" and a very professional, easy to solder PCB. You can also buy just the PCB, and download the program for the PIC, if you have a PIC programmer. It's open source.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

ahhh ... im already on the arduinos ....

yea the A4988 boards are so tiny ... thats why small little hand shake and pooof my scope probe has wander off to another track and shorted some **** LOL.

aha non choppers, i wonder how that scales in terms of fitting drive to motor like a glove. i dont think it accepts a drive logic like arduino ... (cw/ccw, step, enable?)

tnx for the info anyway

Hi...

I was browsing through this thread and found this Toshiba 6560AHQ

It seems like one of the easiest and simplest, and as it is pminmo desing it seems like good driver.

Anybody was doing this at home ?

thanks

Re: TB6560HQ-Stepping Motor Driver IC 3.5amp

merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Re: TB6560HQ-Stepping Motor Driver IC 3.5amp

thanks

Page 14 of 14 4121314