587,584 active members*
3,711 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Techno CNC > Techno-isel Z axis keeps raising at end of program

Hybrid View

Techno-isel Z axis keeps raising at end of program

I recently upgraded a techno-isel lc series from stepper motors to servos (bought the whole setup from techno). The problem I am having is when a program finishes the z axis raises all the way up until it hits the limit and shuts off. The problem is not in the nc program. It happens with programs I write, and with the test programs that come with the machine. I know that the cutter should come to clearance height (.500) which it does but then it rapid feeds to the top. I am not having much luck with techno figuring this out. If anyone knows what is happening, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hi irishii75

Post the programs in text format there my be something in the programs
    that are making it do this

Do you home the machine when first turning it on before running the programs
    Mactec54

techno problem z axis

I will post the program later tonight, but I am pretty sure that it isn't in the program. The problem happens with the test program that came with the machine as well as the one I made in bobcad. The distributor for the machine said it should raise like that either using the test program. The last 2 lines of the program are z.5 comand then M02 program end. it does the z movement then it rapid feeds up after that.

nc code

Here is the test program. I zero out all the axis then run the program. I do not home the machine. The x and y axis stop at the end of the program.

G90
    G0 X1 Y1 Z.51
    G1 Z-.25 F20
    Y2 F40
    X2
    Y1
    X1
    G0 Z.5
    G0 X3 Y1
    G1 Z-.25 F20
    Y2 F40
    X4
    Y1
    X3
    G0 Z.5
    M30

I always "home all" when I first fire up the machine so it learns where the home limit (by switch) is for each axis. Otherwise the results are rather random. There is a sofware config option for it to retain (reuse?) position after program restart so you can stop the controller.

There is a sw option that tells it to goto origin (0,0,0) at the start of program, before your G-code really runs. I vaguely remember something similar that tells it to goto home but I'm not near my machine. Turn that stuff off.

Did you reinstall the controller software or just plug in the servo parms when you moved from the steppers ? Maybe a clean install to pickup the LC machine defaults if you haven't already done that.

Bob in support is awesome if that doesn't work.

Hi irishii75

Your program looks ok You must always home your machine or you could
    damage your machine with any over travel that can happen and the
    control will always no were the X-Y-Z is at

You may need a G54 at the start of the program as well
    Mactec54

z axis issues

I still have the problem. I cannot home the machine because the machine itself is older, when I upgraded to the servos, there are no limit switches to home to. I have reinstalled the interface software twice (and yes I did use new software for the servos after I upgraded from the steppers). The servos are brand new and these have been the first programs that I have run on it. I bought the machine with steppers, used, but i upgraded to the servos before ever plugging anything in. I appreciate all the opinions on this. I am starting to think that it is a controler problem, with the board for the z axis. I will try calling tech support. So far, I have been trying to deal with the distributor that I bought the servos from. Thanks again.

I see you mention using M2 at the end of a program, but your sample shows M30.

Is there any difference in what happens if you use M2 versus M30? Perhaps the control goes wonky if it reads an m-code that it does not support?

I see your program omits any spindle speed commands or tool length offset commands, or, at the end of the program, tool offset cancellation and return to home commands. It could be the case that some of these functions might be hard-coded to occur, but something has not been carried out, which results in the error.

Does this control use work offsets? Or, does it rely on the use of G92 to set a program home?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I believe you should focus on the control also. It appears that parameters or logic that was needed for the stepper motors is either not needed for the servos, not complete for the servos or somewhat corrupt or inadequate for the servos. The litmus test is to reinstall the steppers and see if the problem still exists with them. I know you LOVED hearing that! It could be something as simple as an encoder pulse setting, a gain setting or as involved as a logic/PLC corruption. I would encourage you to keep the distributor and / or manufacturer involved until resolved. To include threatening to return if not resolved. I know it's a little late, but in the future I recommend people structure their purchase to withhold a % of the money until successful installation at customers location!
    If I can help in any other way, feel free to email me at [email protected] or visit my website www.cnccustomservices.com and email me from there!
    Best of Luck!
    Mark T.