587,481 active members*
3,100 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Techo-Isel

Question Techo-Isel

Does anyone on the forum use a Techno_Isel CNC Router? If so, what is your feedback? I am considering the purchase of one. It's a big purchase for me, I want to be sure I am getting a good machine.
    thanks
    MT

I think most here are aware of these routers, but there would be few who have experience with them. I think you might find that most on this site are either building their own or retrofitting another piece of machinery.

I must say that I have saved all the customer websites of those who have bought their routers as a reference to getting good ideas of things I can make. I think it might be an idea to contact some of their existing customers.

What are you hoping to make with your router?
    Being outside the square !!!

I have one of their model 054 machines with a 3hp HSD spindle that I use for machining mostly hardwoods. It's a table-top machine built in Germany with a stand. I've only had it about 6 months but it has worked like a champ right out of the box. Their LC series machines which are a little less money and maybe a bit more rigid. I had space issues and had to go with the 054.

If you've got some specific questions I'll try to help.

Rand

I have used a Techno-Isel LC 4896 for a year now. It's absolutely great. I use it with Enroute Plus which is very intuitive software. I can't think of anything bad about it. I'd be happy to answer any specifics regarding this machine.

Thanks to all for the posts. I am looking at the Techno-Isel LC model with 48" x 96" X-Y travel. Versatility is what I'm after. I'd like to be able to cut protoypes, prototype molds, patterns and signs. Materials I'd be cutting would be Wax, Ren Shape, High Density Foam, Plastics and Wood. (No metals or Aluminum). I am looking to start a CNC Job Shop and I'd like to be able to do a variety of jobs. I find the CNC router appealing because of the large travels and high speeds (RPM). The Techno-Isel appears to have quality components such as ball screws, servo motors, rigid frame etc.
    Are my expectations realistic for a CNC Router?

The LC machine only has 5" of Z travel with 5" of gantry clearance. I suggest you spend some figuring out how big your parts, raw stock and hold-down fixtures/vises/etc will be to make sure that 5" is going to be OK. Think about plunge depths needed to machine the part since the length of the bit protruding from the collet will eat into your usable travel. You can adjust the position of the spindle a bit to give you some more room for bit length but you've still only got at most the 5" and in reality quite a bit less. My machine has 6.8" and I wish I had a couple more inches