587,977 active members*
3,830 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 325 of 460 225275315323324325326327335375425
Results 6,481 to 6,500 of 9195
    I'll go along with that, the Texas tailoring bit I mean. No reason why the Texans shouldn't have their pollutant laws the same as the Federal ones.

I suppose the Texans have been so far down the pollutant management program they don't know what pollutant means, probably that's why the very mention of the EPA initiative gets them edgy.

What yo'all gotta realise is the pollutant laws apply to everyone, that's why the EPA exists.

How are the present Texas pollutant laws being applied if they now require them to be "tailored" Federally to bring them into the 21 century like all the rest of youse?

I can quite imagine the EPA getting hot under the collar if the Texans are just doing their own thing pollutant management wise, in other words nothing......get real yo'all.

I expect, seeing as how the major form of transport in Texas is the horse and buggy, the EPA WOULD be over zealous in sticking a pollutant meter up a horses bottom and making a rule that the owner must feed the animal on special non polluting grainstock to reduce gastro-intestinal emissions.....in line with Federal guidelines, although I don't think the rest of the USA is so horse and buggy oriented as the Texans.

The rest of youse just get a pollutant meter shoved up your respective tailpipes, nothing wrong woth that, clean air belongs to all, (but don't tell it to the Chinese coal burners, we in OZ got a sweet deal with them....LOL)
    Ian.

Year

HEADLINES FROM THE YEAR: 2029

Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, Mexifornia, formerly known as California .

White minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third language.

Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern United States crops and livestock.

Baby conceived naturally! Scientists stumped.

Couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual marriage.

Iran still closed off; physicists estimate it will take at least 10 more years before radioactivity decreases to safe levels.

France pleads for global help after being taken over by Jamaica. No other country comes forward to help the beleaguered nation!

Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Chelsea Clinton has banned all smoking.

George Z. Bush says he will run for President in 2036.

Postal Service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail delivery to Wednesdays only.

Average weight of Americans drops to 250 lbs.

85-year $75.8 billion study: Diet and exercise is the key to weight loss.

Global cooling blamed for citrus crop failure for third consecutive year in Mexifornia and Floruba.

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

Abortion clinics now available in every High School in United States .

Senate still blocking drilling in ANWR even though gas is selling for 4532 Pesos per liter and gas stations are only open on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Massachusetts executes last remaining conservative.

Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals violates their civil rights.

A Couple Finally Had Sexual Harmony,
    They Had simultaneous Headaches.

Average height of NBA players is now nine feet seven inches with
    Only 3 illegitimate children.

New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly swatters and rolled-up newspapers must be registered by January 2030..

IRS sets lowest tax rate at 75 percent..

Floruba voters still having trouble with voting machines.

I Love This Country!

It's The Government That Scares Me!

Something is really happened in climate change.. For me the worst Flood in Pakistan is one of a big example...
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Yeah Dufa, very close to the truth....will there still be public floggings in New York for those few unconverted Infidels that fail to remove their shoes in their daily religious observations?......And I expect the Catholic Church will finally breathe a sigh of relief then when the child abusement/prostitution bill finally gets the green light.

What a rosy future yo'all gonna have.
    Ian.

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favor of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters,which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also,

al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"'s in the languag is disgracful, and they should go away.

By the 4th yar, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing
    "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords
    containing "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer
    kombinations of leters.

After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!
    And zen ve vil tak over ze vorld!!!

Word to the wise. Always make sure you are logged in before reading this list. I wasn't and I did and I got Handlewankered. I had to take a shower. Don't let this happen to you; log in first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariss Freimanis View Post
    Word to the wise. Always make sure you are logged in before reading this list. I wasn't and I did and I got Handlewankered. I had to take a shower. Don't let this happen to you; log in first.

I recommend expansion of "the list" else you may be "wildwillied"!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

'Ol Mariss, yo' musta bin likkered up at the time not to have noticed the author of the article you chose to ignore but out of sheer curiosity must go and read. Who cares.

With the massive publicity for the Global Climate Change policies dying a natural death in the wake of the Gulf oil spill and the Pakastani floods, it would take a truly masochistic reader of doom watch headlines to even find any articles that proclaimed any earth shattering events climate wise yet to come.

Down in OZ, we're just thankfull that the forcast break in the weather has now gone to phase two wherin we now are investing in tinny's or to the uninitiated, alluminium boats to keep our feet dry.

The previous investment title of "Domestic irrigation rain water tanks" has been changed to "Supplementary toilet flushing and driveway cleaning tanks", well for the foreseeable future anyway, and by all accounts the present shift in weather (normal 10 year cycle), presumably caused by AGW action, has done the tank industry a lot of good.

BTW, with the accent on Save the Planet iniatives in everyone's minds, I read an article the other day about a Japanese guy called Akinori Ito....google that name.....and he claims, demos and markets a device to extract oil from waste plasic....claims that 1kg of waste plastic produces 1 litre of useable oil....useable in some engines probably diesels etc...but at the same time getting rid of the plastic waste going to land fills.

The cost saving is phenomenol.......oil or oil derivatives, namely diesel currently go for about $1.47 a litre at the pump I believe, but using scrap plastic, 1 litre of oil costs just $0.20 of electricity to produce with Aka's device......the device cost for the domestic model is about $8,000 but will pay for itself very quickly.....and the brilliant part about it is the device can be powerd with a small diesel generator using "some" of the oil it produces.

Fantastic result, and seeing as how plastics are made from oil which is going off season soon, we'll be able to dig up the old rubbish tops, generate an industry of rubbish tip sifters amongst the unemployed and regenerate the use of oil related by-products all over again......Is there no end to the useage of oil?....better save all those plastic bags you use for the house rubbish, could be a gold mine there.

One thing's for sure, if'n the device lands on your shores it will kick the electric car and battery industry in the head overnight, provided of course the local council bodies can issue enough licences quick enough for people to rake over the rubbish tips for the "new plastic gold"....anyone with a rubbish tip on their propery gonna have a new "golden plastic rush", except this time you won't have to go trekking into the icy wastes of the Klondike anymore, more like down town Wyoming or Dallas, wherever it is they dump the rubbish nowadays.

I believe the Chinese are renting huge container ships just to import the "Plastic waste rubbish" that nobody has found out how to get rid of safely except to bury it in land fills and hope for the best.

BTW, anyone with one of those new diesel hybrids are going to be the envy of the street, and if'n you extend the oil production to the household you can heat and electrify the whole house for pennies......this is a fact of life....happening in Japan right now.

I now understand the term "Oil to Oil" is used in the same context as "Ashes to Ashes".

Last observation, Plastic credit cards are out....paper cheques are back in....LOL.

For those on my ignore list.....Yo' didn' hear this from me....LOL...LOL.
    Ian.

China and Chang-e 2. Working feverishly to be the second nation to put man on the moon...

"Begun, the second cold war has."
    (apologies to G.Lucas)

Will the Chinese be using the same sets the Yanks used when they put on their "Greatest Show On Earth" or will they create their own props?

If we go along with popular opinion, then the original show on video tape will have been remastered and burned to DVD in pseudo 3D, coming to a theatre near you anyday now....LOL....LOL.

Quite frankly, now that everyone is painfully aware that the moon isn't made of green cheese, I'd have thought the Chinese would be aiming for Mars, but maybe the Moonsets can't be remade to look like Martian topography in time.

One thing's for sure, in years to come nobody gonna prove the Chinese didn't get to Mars either, so what's all the excitement about, after all the Chinese are still kosher Communists and Mars IS the "RED" planet in'nit?

Wouldn't you have to admit that the Chinese had more claim to Martian real estate than anyone else?
    Ian.

Overestimate fueled state's landmark diesel law

Overestimate fueled state's landmark diesel law

The pollution estimate in question was too high - by 340 percent, according to the California Air Resources Board, the state agency charged with researching and adopting air quality standards.

You can't be serious!!!!!......340% without batting an eyelid....putting dafties like that in charge of the polution regulatory body is tantamount to making Count Dracular night watchman on the blood bank.

I ask you with tears in my eyes, are yo'all for real, I mean do yo'all really put up with that crap or is it just a misprint?

How can yo'all possibly tolerate such inadequate reasoning, and at taxpayers expense too, compounded with the scientific advisors to guide one, wouldn't yo'all say the lights are on but there's nobody home, not quite the full two bob's worth, know what I mean?

Polution control policies are world wide and enforced in most countries pretty stringently, but what yo'all are proposing is like taking a feather duster down a coal mine to prevent the miners from breathing in the coal dust......not very practical Ollie.....indeed a total display of Weirdo Hollywoodism expected only in the movies, but hey....yo'all are for real......and that makes your reasoning pretty suspect.....only in America.....sigh.

I give in, bullsh!t does baffle brains, as Confucius said...."they walk amongst us, and they vote".

In the words of that immortal bard Mark Twain, "I come to term with my reality at the expense of my sanity"
    Ian.

UK to take control of private employees paycheques

HMRC could take direct control of pay cheques after tax errors - Telegraph

Instead of employers deducting income tax then paying gross salaries to employees, the gross monthly payment would go to an HMRC-run tax “calculator”, which would then pass the net salary to the worker.

The reform would mean the end of traditional monthly payslips, because employers would no longer be able to tell workers how much tax they had paid each month.

Quote Originally Posted by dufas View Post
    HMRC could take direct control of pay cheques after tax errors - Telegraph

Instead of employers deducting income tax then paying gross salaries to employees, the gross monthly payment would go to an HMRC-run tax “calculator”, which would then pass the net salary to the worker.

The reform would mean the end of traditional monthly payslips, because employers would no longer be able to tell workers how much tax they had paid each month.
    In other words....send the government your paycheck, and they'll send you what they don't need.

Good idea!! .....just not in my country.

Didja notice that the UK first had to make sure nobody had any guns???

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    In other words....send the government your paycheck, and they'll send you what they don't need.

Good idea!! .....just not in my country.

Didja notice that the UK first had to make sure nobody had any guns???
    Yep.... the guvurnmunt can take whatever they want without any recourse... they may even start this in Australia God save the Queen.....

Don't kid ye'selves boys, guns are nasty smelly things, but don't get me wrong, I'm all for them, anything that has the capability to reduce the population explosion is just as noteworthy as birth control devices, and euthanasia aids....LOL.

I'd look closer to the home before waggling a bony finger at other societies, UK is a very structured society, one of the reasons the Yanks are so envious of their hierarchy system, oh, and by the way, they also have CCTV cameras placed at very strategic locations, something Yo' good ol' boys could do with Stateside, you know....keeping an eye on the scruffy unwashed mob activities that goes for the name of common man......without which the UK would degenerate into the mad dog society that the US has been for many years.

If'n yo' want to see what guns can do take South Africa for arguments sake.
    The S.A. chief of police, whoever, stated that there was a definite reduction in gun related deaths from murder etc, when the last years gun death rate had fallen to only 17,000 murders for the year.....LOL.....down from 18,500 the previous year.....wow, what an achievement, thats only 85 murders per day.....more than the death rate of any wars yet recorded.....and they're a peacefull society, not at war with anyone!!!!!

But that would be calling a spade a spade, and environmentally speaking, which is what this thread is about, there will always be differences in any country yet to be made or discovered.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I see Ol' pressi B.O'B is taking the iniative in sustainable environmentalism by having solar panels installed on the White House...Roofs?....wherever....but I guess this is just about going down in history as paying attention to the expectation that sustainable energy must be seen to be working, even if'n it is a drop in the ocean, it gives a nice warm glow to the establisment when they get the electric bill each month, to think that they're doing their bit, spending multi dollars, (now not worth much more than a red cent world wide), but nevertheless, doing something... anything.... to lead from the top, or at any rate appear to be doing so.

I guess in spite of the fully aknowledged view that solar energy in the form of PV panels are not a viable scenario for the domestic market to be indulging in, (don't tell Barak and co that), they are nonetheless pretty, costly, gadgetry objects that given ideal conditions can charge Iphones, calculators, garden ornaments that shine at night having taken all day to charge via their little solar cells, and a whole lot of thingys that make the techno geeks all smiles when the lights come on, but at the end of the day when the lights are swiched on, the unstoreable PV derived energy reserves get used up so fast it makes the cost outlay a bit of a hollow victory.

Apart form that the present useage of solar PV is, as the man says, a drop in the ocean of the present consumption, and cost wise will have to be given away with petrol vouchers if'n the industry expects to make any impact on the energy scene.

Too much too soon, is the name of the game....that is, there is too much spending on items that can't compete with the present useage of oil related energy systems, and long before the last drop of oil flows the PV panels being made today will have long been relegated to the scrap heap, having waxed and waned but not supplanted the very energy source that made them in the first place.

I don't suppose B.O'B has plans to put a windmill somewhere on the White House a well, now that would be trendy, but first he'd better confer with 'ol Pickens Boone.

Seriously though, the only solution is "guns before butter", make petrol $10 a US gallon, limit to 4 gallons a week per head of population.
    This will overnight cure Obesity by making people walk to the Pizza parlour, KFC, Mackas etc, and make PV power more competitive along with solar, bio derivatives etc etc.
    Ian.

Wink

It takes two things to make a dictatorship, control of the media and the guns. Why do you think NObama wants control of the internet, so he can stop these discussions?

Different agencies, but this applies to the whole world.

ACCORDING TO IRS DEFINITION BASED ON ACCEPTED ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES,
    GOVERNMENT IS A NON-INCOME PRODUCING OVERHEAD EXPENSE TO THE PRIVATE SECTOR.

Keep your pantry full and your guns loaded!

Dale

Yes Dale and knowledge is power! Keep spreading the word... They cannot control our lips ... yet!

Knowledge is truly power

I have seen several references to governmental gun grabs and I can only laugh. This site is the home of a huge group of some of the world's best CNC hobiests and professionals. Gun control is a Joke because as long as someone knows the very simple principles behind guns, someone can still make them. They have been made in some of the most primitive conditions and in some of the most tricked out shops. If the Pathan Gun smiths of Afghanastan can make AK-47s with nothing more than hand tools, then any CNC programmer/Machinist worth the title can turn them out in box car loads should they really want one. The only item used in modern firearms that is even a little difficult to make is the primers and those are not all that hard.
    So the next time someone tries to frighten you with warnings about gun confescation, just remember Guns are not weapons, they are only tools for the only weapon there ever was---The Human Brain. The pity is that most people fail to load that weapon and go though life unarmed.

Card carrying member! (flame2)

Page 325 of 460 225275315323324325326327335375425