587,172 active members*
3,026 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 410 of 460 310360400408409410411412420
Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 9195
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotout View Post
    Selfish, yes it is harder to become motivated about issues don't effect ourselves so most people are somewhat guilty of it. IMHO plauge is more likely to decimate mankind than human related climate change, that will also be our own fault due to largely overpopulation.

Many of us that call shenanagians against climate change still belive in stewartship of resources. I personally want to see viable alteranatives to fossil fuels in power production. I'm less worried about the CO2 than the poisions released, even if scrubbed as they have to be taken out of solution and disposed of somehow. I want nature to be something my daughter and her children can experiance, not just read about. I don't want them to have a lower standard of living than myself however.

As far as keeping quite, well that makes you sound like a US liberal. "We know what is best for the world by our unique moral insight so the rest of you unenlightened lessers just stay out of our way and keep quite". Sorry can't do that as I am acustomed to thinking for myself.
    No your not, I suppose you've not heard about "Astroturfing"? Probably not, someone with as many spelling and grammatical errors in their posts would be far too gullible. You're being used my friend!

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by ray1946 View Post
    No your not, I suppose you've not heard about "Astroturfing"? Probably not, someone with as many spelling and grammatical errors in their posts would be far too gullible. You're being used my friend!

Ray
    "No your not"

....You were saying????

Why? Because There Is NO Consensus.

Huh, consensus or not to be consensussed......ALL the countries that currently make up Planet Earth are now........wait for it......S U P O R T I N G....... the hypothesis that global warming is an Anthropogenic cause and are taking active steps to "prevent" the eventual doom of mankind from AGW practices, otherwise name just one country as a whole entity that is saying......"My God, can't you see....the Emperor's got no clothes on".......sadly no it ain't so, like all the sheep being herded by one mangy sheep dog, they all pay homage to the big three, China, India, most parts of Europe......best be on the side of those that you pay your bills to....LOL.

It doesn't matter anymore if'n you know that it's all bullsh!t, just as long as it doesn't smell like bullsh!t, that way nobody's offended by it's presence and can handle it with impunity....where there's muck there's brass, and Al Gore can tell you that no truer word was ever spoken in jest on that score.

I may categorically and publicly state that I consider that AGW is a nonsense theory, but at the same time I'm bound to pay anti AGW money to the people that I put into power to enforce it, IE Carbon Taxation, like it or not.....it doesn't really matter....THEY are going to compensate me over and slightly above what it will cost me when the Carbon Tax is in full swing......so who gives a sh!t......making all the noise and jumping up and down ain't gonna change anything.......it ain't changed anything so far, and that's a fact.

BTW, I would never have made a good Crusader anyway, I don't believe in that bulsh!t either, and those that did do a bit of Crusading in the bygone eras are all dead and gone, having solved nothing and achieved even less.
    Ian.

Janice333: First they have been using Digital for 30 years. Second, even a geosynchronous orbit is only 25,000 miles, all the others are closer then that, this is a 10Th of the way to the moon. Which still leaves approximately 215,000 miles to the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by petersenonmain View Post
    Janice333: First they have been using Digital for 30 years. Second, even a geosynchronous orbit is only 25,000 miles, all the others are closer then that, this is a 10Th of the way to the moon. Which still leaves approximately 215,000 miles to the moon.
    You are arguing with a SPAM-bot. Notice the post you responded to has evaporated...

Poor Peters.....janice333 is fictitious and doesn't exist....did'n you notice the signature of the sender......not one of the regular posters, and also has multi numbers in the name.......If'n the poster is in your email and doesn't appear in the forum posts....delete it without opening or replying........when's the Admin going to look into thia problem?
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by david30 View Post
    Great work ! I will keep following this thread!!

Another one

I've noticed the spam-bots/fishing-posts have increased in number and frequency.

I made the mistake of clicking on a link in one of the more innocuous looking posts, only to discover there was malware lurking and it tried to trojan me.

These guys are relying on us being naive enough to fall for the bait... but I've been sending them to the packing plant...via the little red triangle in the upper right.

It did get some posts going again and I don't go to their website

Hi all, before you open an email purporting to be a CNC related posting, and that has some odd reference and an even odder name etc, especially if'n you don't recognise the poster's name, go to the CNC site and check to see if'n it is there, if'n not.....delete it....simple....even I can work that out.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    I may categorically and publicly state that I consider that AGW is a nonsense theory, but at the same time I'm bound to pay anti AGW money to the people that I put into power to enforce it, IE Carbon Taxation, like it or not.....it doesn't really matter....THEY are going to compensate me over and slightly above what it will cost me when the Carbon Tax is in full swing......so who gives a sh!t......making all the noise and jumping up and down ain't gonna change anything.......it ain't changed anything so far, and that's a fact.
    You really believe this, don't you.

"THEY are going to compensate me over and slightly above what it will cost me when the Carbon Tax is in full swing"

ROFLMAO!!!!!! (wedge)

You got it, dude. The more money you give your government, the more money you get back...disproportionately!!!

Moron. You're PAYING the carbon tax, not collecting it.

Fizzwizz, yo' bin peekin' in my posts agin'.......but I can quite see your point....honestly....but the whole point of the Government's strategy is ......NOT TO MAKE THE WORKING CLASS PAY FOR THE INADEQUACIES OF THOSE THAT FAIL TO SUPPORT THE SYSTEM, which means that if'n you are going to impose a tax to alleviate the strain placed on the economy by pollution and the steps you are morally obligated to take to correct it, then those that ARE at risk must be protected and as I said COMPENSATED.

It has been publicly stated and declared by the Gov of the day, and who would say that the Gov in the Lucky Country doesn't know what they're doing.....we are the envy of the World.

The imposition of the Carbon Tax means that those that don't give a damm for the Environment and choose to pollute it, will be hit with a tax to "correct" their practices and until they see the light of day and improve their methods by using more Green friendly methods, which at this moment in time equates to Solar, Wind, Water and Hydro Technology, as opposed to coal and oil........then pay they will.

If'n I buy a product, and it's Carbon Taxed 'cos the manufacturer uses electricity derived from coal, oil whatever, I have no control over that process, even though I'm Environmentally concious, and do not expect to have to keep them in business by my Tax dollar outlay, so I get the Gov's promise that I will be compensated until the manufacturer improves his ways and becomes Environmentally aware.

Once the manufacturer goes Green, the process of less tax imposed on him will come into being, and so down to the buyer of the goods.....it's so simple even a child can uinderstand the sweets for good behaviour approach wins smiles.....perhaps yo'all never got sweets for being good....just slaps for being bad....your problem.

Dear Dazz....being a naturalised Australian and proud of it, I would have to state quite openly, that I do believe "this".....I can't answer for your political affiliations or dreams.....you only get what you suscribe to, be it a better form of Government or a better way of life......ask the Yanks....they got a better way of life????....pull the other one mate, we're in the Lucky Country and for good reason.....look around you.
    Ian.

Handlewanker: If you really believe that any government is going to get rid of a tax that is bringing in money, I have a canyon in northern Arizona with a big river running through it for sale. It also has a couple of lakes on it with about a billion watts of total electricity total. Just think how much that would be worth in CC $. That is of course unless the green weenies do not shut it down to save a snail darter. Like your hydro power will happen when your green weenies decide to shut yours down for a snail darter, or a tortoise as in California on a solar farm and they shut the farm down.

Yeah, I ain't no Greenie....gotta pay the Green Tax, but as I'm being compensated...I couldn't give a sh!t.....name of the game.....we do things differently in OZ.....probably from our Anglo Saxon sense of decency thing that got inherited.

Sorry to hear about your canyon.....sounds like it could be a real money earner, and Green friendly too.

I reckon if'n the snail thingies that infest your canyon are so rare, I'd go out at night and collect them up and dump them down on some Greenie's back yard, then declare it a national heritage area....LOL.....what goes around comes around.....fight fire with fire.

Actually the Green initiative of the Gov is to have sustainable energy in future years to replace coal and oil for the future generations, so if'n the Carbon Tax rakes in a few billion from the greedy manufacturers, that's all to our benefit and our grandchildren, then we can sell more coal to the Chinese and let them worry about the smoky environment they get to live in.....LOL.

BTW, when the oil and coal eventually run out, and it must one day, and supposing you hadn't put by dollars to replace it....how you gonna cook yo' turkey dinner?....You gotta think now for then....too late when it happens.

I spoke to a guy the other day about the solar PV panels he had on his roof....he was down in the dumps......"they aren't cost effective" he complained......."no profit"....I was a bit shaken 'cos I always thought the Sun ain't gonna stop shining in my time, then he went on to say...."the last time I got a 'lektricity bill I had to pay into the 'lektric company....$10........and they said I'd never have to pay another bill again, there's just no profit in it".

WTF, $10 for a years electricity.......did the guy expect to live on the PV panel production.......I expect next year he'll break even and still complain about the lack of profit....LOL.
    Ian.

What does raw SPAM smell like?

Quote Originally Posted by lenting View Post
    Nobody is bored when he is trying to make something that is beautiful or to discover something that is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by lenting View Post
    Nobody is bored when he is trying to make something that is beautiful or to discover something that is true.

Perhaps not.....I like Spam......Spam, chips and peas makes a very good meal...LOL.

At least there's no link to click on that gets you involved with a malware site.....perhaps our Alabama poster is a philosopher in the making.

I'd be wary if'n the next post from him/her/it has a link attached to it.
    Ian.

Look at it this way...
    The thread is popular enough to attract spammers and handywipes both!

Must be doin' something right.

Quote Originally Posted by nany3319 View Post
    thank you !!!
    ________

synthetic grass

Persistant little beggars!

Page 410 of 460 310360400408409410411412420