588,202 active members*
4,639 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 414 of 460 314364404412413414415416424
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 9195
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ov0WwtPcALE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This tells you every thing you need to know. It is very interesting that over the last 150 years the temperature has gone up .5 degrees of that .5 degrees only .o5 degree has occured in the last 1/2 century. In other words .45 of a degree happend before cars big industry and 2 billion people were on the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by dufas View Post
    They just won't give up................................
    Dufas, Of course you are correct.

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

IMHO This will always be true. LOL
    Bob B.

What is the purpose of this video?
    Let's talk CNC. :nono:

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardomag View Post
    I do believe this forum is for discussing climate change, not necessarily CNCs.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardomag View Post
    Ok. Let's talk CNC. Climate's Not Changing.

Now,
    G28

Global warming!!!
    The mean average temperature will soar to 55 Celsius, there will be food shortages, pestilence and hunger. The oceans will boil and spew forth creatures from your worst nightmares. The four trumpets will sound and the end is neigh!!
    The rest of the afternoon will be quite plesant with a slight afternoon southerly breeze.

50 years ago, the "scientists and experts" on GW wanted to put soot on the North and South poles to stop global cooling. Please spare us the BS.
    Lets talk CNC, that's the reason for this NG.

Regards to all
    Frank

Weather

This is great.
    Logged in to read about machining and found debate on "Climate Change".
    I was told at the barber shop that the Japanese sunami caused the world to tilt and we are in for more trouble with the weather. Hold on.
    Very interesting dialogue.
    Thanks, Mic

Quote Originally Posted by athensprof View Post
    This is great.
    Logged in to read about machining and found debate on "Climate Change".
    I was told at the barber shop that the Japanese sunami caused the world to tilt and we are in for more trouble with the weather. Hold on.
    Very interesting dialogue.
    Thanks, Mic
    Did you notice that near the top of this forum there is a description which says --- Environmental & Alternate Energy Discuss Global Warming alternative energy etc here. That should have given you a hint about what was being talked about here. If all you want to talk about is CNCs then perhaps another part of the board would be better for you. Try this link and see if one of the other forums is better for you --- CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net! - Powered by vBulletin .

Larry

Climate Change, Energy, & CNC

Climate change, energy, and CNC are connected. Maybe not the way you'd like, but they are inter-related.

If laws and taxes are implemented because of "climate change" that impact directly your ability to purchase, use, or power your CNC machines.... You're interested.

The energy to power your CNC is important to you.... especially if the cost goes up, or you have to pay more because of WHEN you use your CNC.

Your CNC could be used to develop new and more efficient power systems, irrespective of climate change.

.... Get the picture?
    Now if you don't like this series of threads...then don't read 'em. Go to the thread "I Built My Own Stepper Motor Bracket" or "How Do I Design a Table For My Router"

Yeah newbies, as Fizzwizz said, this thread is for Climate variation topics, but politics, ethnic origins and some religious b/s also get discussed.

Good news for the Yanks, the Chinese underpaid peasants, who have been subsidising our cheap imports for years, have spat the dummy and are demanding better wages for the work they do.....this means the Chinese crap will not get better but it will cost more, and cost more to send it back to get fixed.

The good part for the Yanks is they can now expect to make and export stuff at realistic prices which will ease their unemployment problem.

The bad news is, as far as I know, the Chinese have the world monopoly on Neodymium magnet production, so with increasing labour prices, the windmills which are a large part of the sustainable energy production, will be further jeopodized in the Greens need to reduce fossil fuel useage and to provide alternative energy sources.
    Ian.

What I find amazing is that for every hobby I'm into, and the grumpy old conservative men in them (maybe holding up a mirror here there's always an off topic forum on climate change where suddenly everybody is a scientist because their "religion" (conservative politics) says to denude the earth to the last species and last drop oil/water/whatever. Who here is a scientist with the faintest skill in this area? Its not true because it doesn't fit your world view? I have no idea, but I'm not promulgating a position either - I don't have the facts.... More a statement about the people than the science I think! (I always just look at new posts, and there's constantly activity here, so I thought I'd rile you all up!) Flame away!

ANOTHER FREAKIN' TROLL!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

He and handiewankie should get along famously.

Nothing like starting off on the right foot with the ad hominems.

Pages 124 & 125... Is climate becoming more extreme? The CAGW theory says yes. But in reality?????

Here's what the IPCC says:
    http://www.ipcc-wg2.gov/SREX/images/...-All_FINAL.pdf

So simple, even a troll can read.

FINALLY! FOR THE OVERPOPULATIONISTS!!

For those convinced that overpopulation is the problem and are demanding action... Here's the club for YOU!

VHEMT

Quote Originally Posted by Spinnetti View Post
    What I find amazing is that for every hobby I'm into, and the grumpy old conservative men in them (maybe holding up a mirror here there's always an off topic forum on climate change where suddenly everybody is a scientist because their "religion" (conservative politics) says to denude the earth to the last species and last drop oil/water/whatever. Who here is a scientist with the faintest skill in this area? Its not true because it doesn't fit your world view? I have no idea, but I'm not promulgating a position either - I don't have the facts.... More a statement about the people than the science I think! (I always just look at new posts, and there's constantly activity here, so I thought I'd rile you all up!) Flame away!
    Even a non-machinist can figure out when a machinist screws up... A non-engineer can see when something is engineered incorrectly..

It is a bit elitist to think other wise, else why would you, for example, even vote? You are not a politician...so therefore, you do not have the expertise to offer opinions on political matters. In fact, there people who feel they have the expertise to run every facet of your life as they feel you do not know how to run yours. They'll even take money that you have earned and correctly spend it for you, many of these people are scientists.....

You don't have to be a scientist to understand that there a more then 30 K scientists who have said that the math dose not work on these models and only 2.5 K that say they are right and a lot of those have withdrawn thier support.

One of my fellows is a member of the AGU, a published researcher and attendee of seminars, poster sessions, meetings, etc.

We spend quite a bit of time discussing the AGW issue on a social, political, economical, and scientific basis. One thing that angers him is the claim that 97% of the scientists agree that the earth is warming and it's mostly caused by man".

Among the general AGU membership he says the typical cross section is 1/3 agree, 1/3 disagree, and 1/3 aren't sure. That's a far cry from 97%...and these are geophysical scientists.

I don't want to get accused once again for saying overpopulation is a real problem and won't be solved until the overpopulators go away, but there does seem to be a smidgeon of evidence (more than the "evidence" of AGW climate variation) that if you fail to supply the necesetties in life , such as food, shelter and energy....you gonna get a lot of people that will just have to queue for hours to get a slice of bread, forget about the loaf.

In Utopia the eggs are all soft boiled, but after Armeggedon, whatever, there will be a surplus of egg timers but no eggs.....I think JC would have liked that one, he was so fond of talking down to the people.

But we all know that can never happen, the Sun will keep on shining and the Wind will blow, and I expect the Grass will grow on occasion too.....but for all those that can't use the pure Sun or wild unharnesse Wind and also can't eat grass, the future is a bit iffy, but the kids in school will still think the Supermarkets are only a short trot down the road, so who gives a sh!t for all the scaremongering about food shortage when all it takes is a bit of plastic and they fill your shopping bag every time.
    Ian.

Hi All, I haven't posted for a while but an issue here in Brisbane has been on my mind and I feel the need for a rant.

For a few years, up until last year's (2011) catastrophic floods, we were being told by those who claimed to be absolutely certain of their "facts" that the drought we'd been experiencing for so long was a permanent condition and we should be doing all we can to reduce water consumption and increase water collection and production. That is, don't wash and build dams and desalination plants.

For what seemed like years we had daily dam level reports on all news channels and the Queensland government commissioned new dams and a desalination plant. Water restrictions were in place, we all drove dirty cars, took 2 minute showers once a week and rejoiced as dam levels slowly rose and our future was safe.

Unfortunately mother nature wasn't consulting the climate models and decided that the drought was due to end and so it did. Even more unfortunate was the fact that those in control had consulted the climate models and had previously decided that a dam up river from Brisbane at near 100% capacity was a good thing.

Well, we all know the story from here, it rained, and rained, and kept raining until the flood gates on the dam had to be opened into an already flooded river. Many people died, property damage and loss in the $100s of millions. A tragedy of enormous proportions.

Now a year later we have an inquiry, the "public" are demanding that fingers be pointed and the scapegoats are led meekly, or not, to the blocks.

But my question is this. What about those who provided advise and were so certain of their "facts" before the event.

Where were Penny Wong, Federal Minister for Climate Change, Energy Efficiency and Water from December 2007 to September 2010, and Tim Flannery, mammalogist, palaeontologist, environmentalist, Macquarie University professor, chairman of the Copenhagen Climate Council and now head of the Climate Change Commission established by the Prime Minister.

Why weren't they called before the inquiry to explain how the "facts" could be wrong. Please don't tell me, I already know the answer. It's the same one that’s bleated by every climate scientist to explain away anything that doesn't fit their theories, "that's a weather event, we're talking about climate".

I'm sure that's a great comfort to those who lost loved ones and homes in the 2011 floods.

And a final note. Queensland now has a $100 million dollar desalination plant, unused and rusting away. The Mary River dam project was cancelled due to a successful court action by those living in the area, another $100 million wasted.

I'm not a climate sceptic or a believer, I'm just a guy getting by in the world as best I can like most of you, but experience has taught me that the climate scientists don't have all the answers yet and maybe they never will.

Garry J

Page 414 of 460 314364404412413414415416424