587,568 active members*
3,355 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Thinking about upgrading to Aspire
Page 1 of 2 12

Thinking about upgrading to Aspire

I would like to hear some opinions about Aspire.

I currently use V Carve pro for sign work and some profile work. Mostly I use Sketchup to creat DXF files and CamBam for the Cam work. I am looking to expand my capabilities, specifically into custom willwork and custom relief carvings for signs and mantles, decorative doors, etc. I would also like to be able to design and cut 3D shapes like guitar necks and table legs.

I'll be building a fourth axis soon.

I have been using BobCad for 3D work and I don't like it. I know there are people out there that love it, but I don't so I am looking for a better design and cam solution.

I keep hearing good things about Aspire, and I really like VCP.

Can I get some opinions please?

Thanks,
    James

Spend some time at the Aspire section of the Vectric forums, and you'll see that Aspire users love it. Read through as many threads as possible to see what it's capable of.

Personally, I don't think it's the right choice for designing a guitar neck, but I'm sure there are some that use it for that.

Bottom line is that there's nothing in it's price range that can do what Aspire can, and you won't find anything easier to use.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

ill second that

aspire is SO easy ive been using it only for months and will only the training videos

so easy and so fantastic,

im on that forum as ONIGUMO check out some of my posts in the aspire gallery forum and youll know what that program is capable of

ive also gotten bobcad and im sure i can get it, but it seems just like esprit way more complicated than it needs to be
    CHOCLATE? THIS IS DOODOO BABY!

I dont have Aspire or VCPro but the company is fantastic. I had some problems
    moving the sw to a new pc. Their tech support is out of this world.

Wow, talking about a timely thread!!! I've been struggling over the last few weeks with the decision to purchase aspire also! I currently have BobCad 24, V-Carve Pro, Cut 3-D, and photo v-carve and they are all great software. But, other than the price (another 1.5K), the fact that you cannot develop scenes by mixing and matching other models kinda has me hesitating! I know building clouds and models is quite a different set of skills than using canned software.
    I guess I'm wondering if the difference from my current software packages and the gain of Aspire will be worth it to me! Oh Yeah, this is just a hobby and I've never made any $$$ from it! But, retirement is only a couple of years away (I hope) and I want to have a skill that I enjoy and can make beer money with!
    Jharvey, please post your decision and what led you to it!
    Thanks for the thread.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

the fact that you cannot develop scenes by mixing and matching other models kinda has me hesitating!
    Not sure what you're referring to, but you can do exactly that in Aspire. You can export any models you create in Aspire and save them as components, then re-use those components along with imported 3D models to create you new models.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks Gerry!
    I need to download the trial software and give it a spin around the block. I guess I thought Aspire only let you stack models instead of blending them as one could with design and carve. I've just re-watched one of the videos and with the commands "bring to front and send to back", well it would make sense that a complete "scene" could be built. I know I'm not explaining this right but logical thought is not one of my strong points!!!!
    This will promote serious consideration in my camp! Now the only thing I have to do is to sell it to the better half!
    Thanks again guys!
    Bill
    billyjack

After some serious testing and deliberation I have upgraded to Aspire.

I'll upload some projects once I start using it.

Me too!
    Great Software but all of it's features are a bit overwhelming! Going to need tome to learn this one!
    Thanks for all of the advise and contrats jharvey!
    Bill
    billyjack

Aspire Upgrade Complete

I've been playing with Aspire 3.5 all day and I'm sure it is going to be a valuable addition to my business.

It's going to take a bit of learning, but this is going to be fun.

First Cut

Here is my first project with Aspire. It's a demo file that I downloaded. The machine ran great and I was very happy with the results.

I still have a lot to learn, but this will let me cut full 3D carvings for my clients. I've already picked up a job cutting a couple of bases for some side tables.

I'll post pics when its done.

No I just need to learn the software!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0615.jpg  

I am VERY new to the cnc router world and have never had ANY experience with cad or cnc machines at all for that matter.

I recently bought an old Warthog cnc machine that came with old vectric software for 2-D. It was so old it was on a floppy disk! Lol

Anyways, got it all set up and it wasnt working right so i went ahead and bought a whole new computer, software, and the Aspire software to do 3-D. I am using to to make moulds for vacuum forming.

After watching the tutorials and messing around for a couple weeks, ive got to say i am SOOO excited on how easy it is to turn ideas into actual working files.

Waiting to get some surfacing bits to plane out my hardwood to glue for my dies then will throw up some pics of the dies im making.

I wouldnt hessitate on buying it, its SUPER easy to use with a little patients on watching tutorials.

-Matt

More Aspire work

Here is a little more work that I have done with Aspire. The skull is one of the clip art pieces that comes with the software.

This is great software. I can tell that this is going to completely change my business.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0635.jpg   IMAG0638.jpg  

I just upgraded from Cut2d last month to VCarve Pro 6.5 and it is great software as soon as I have the funds I will be purchasing Aspire..

Lou
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/140832-cnc-software.html

Quote Originally Posted by LouF View Post
    I just upgraded from Cut2d last month to VCarve Pro 6.5 and it is great software as soon as I have the funds I will be purchasing Aspire..

Lou
    I started with VCP 6.0. You'll really like Aspire. I'm just barely getting started with it myself. I need to take time to watch all of the tutorials.

Sailfish carving for a table base

Here is a look at a sailfish that I carved as a test for an upcoming job. It's about 6"x6". I bought the at file from VectorArt3D.

The rendering is one of the uses I have planned for the sailfish. Most of my work is for the local yachts so I expect the sailfish to be popular.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0651.jpg   Sailfish Base.jpg  

Nice job on the fish! Using the Vectric software makes a simple job look so professional! Gosh, I guess it's limited only by one's imagination!
    Looking forward to the finished job!
    B
    billyjack

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Nice job on the fish! Using the Vectric software makes a simple job look so professional! Gosh, I guess it's limited only by one's imagination!
    Looking forward to the finished job!
    B
    Thanks Bill, and you're right, the Vectric software make it very easy. I am going to base my entire business around the capabilities of this software.

Lightbulb ASPIRE 3.0

Has anyone here have Aspire 3.0 lock up on the and get this message an invalid argument was encountered any help would be great ive down loaded the free file vase from aspire web site and this locks up my program

Quote Originally Posted by DJNPHOTO View Post
    Has anyone here have Aspire 3.0 lock up on the and get this message an invalid argument was encountered any help would be great ive down loaded the free file vase from aspire web site and this locks up my program
    Hi,

The free Vectric projects are done in Aspire 3.5. You can upgrade to this version free using the 'Check For Updates' option off the Help menu.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12