588,616 active members*
4,297 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > THK KX ballscrew from Thai ebay seller -any good?

THK KX ballscrew from Thai ebay seller -any good?

I'm working out the design of my gantry style router, and need to get leadscrews for the Z and Y axes. I've seen a couple of sellers of rolled ones in the UK (Marchant Dice and Zapp), but they're pretty expensive if you go for all the options (machining, support blocks, etc.)

Then I saw this on ebay (auction number 350119469337). I couldn't find the KX series on THK's website, so can't tell whether it's rolled, ground, or moulded by murine artisans from silvery cheese.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these items, and or the seller? Any information would be very gratefully received.

Best regards,

Tony

PS I attach a snapshot of my grandiose design for a universal manufacturizatorer, so far as it goes. I'm just trying to figure out the Z axis now. Need to spend a bit of time trying to steal other people's ideas...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails table bed.jpg  

It appears to be precision ground, if it has any kind of preload (low backlash) it could be a good buy.
    The seller has a fairly good F.B. record.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I've had a few items from D Kwa.... Never any problems (or import duty) His prices have risen lately but I would deal with him again.
    Keith

If you can built your machine around what he is selling it is a very good deal, if it is ground this ball screw would be in the mid hundreds new.
    Word of caution though, these are all from old machines and may be worn, and the screw may be pitted.
    I have known of this seller for quite some time, and he normally points out any obviose problems.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyel View Post
    I'm working out the design of my gantry style router, and need to get leadscrews for the Z and Y axes. I've seen a couple of sellers of rolled ones in the UK (Marchant Dice and Zapp), but they're pretty

expensive if you go for all the options (machining, support blocks, etc.)

Then I saw this on ebay (auction number 350119469337). I couldn't find the KX series on THK's website, so can't tell whether it's rolled, ground, or moulded by murine artisans from silvery cheese.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these items, and or the seller? Any information would be very gratefully received.

Best regards,

Tony

PS I attach a snapshot of my grandiose design for a universal manufacturizatorer, so far as it goes. I'm just trying to figure out the Z axis now. Need to spend a bit of time trying to steal other people's ideas...
    Zapp Automation Ltd
    www.slidesandballscrews.com