587,647 active members*
3,577 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thoughts on GCC Spirit GSL laser.

I was about to pull the trigger on a Trotec speedy 400 but the GCC LaserPro Spirit GSL caught my eye. I have never heard of the them but they do use Synrad lasers, Servo driven etc. The price difference is about 12k. carriage is a little slower but very similar specs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Thoughts on GCC Spirit GSL laser.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked0ne View Post
    I was about to pull the trigger on a Trotec speedy 400 but the GCC LaserPro Spirit GSL caught my eye. I have never heard of the them but they do use Synrad lasers, Servo driven etc. The price difference is about 12k. carriage is a little slower but very similar specs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Wicked,

// I have never heard of the them

GCC is a Chinese manufacturer that started by making cheap vinyl cutters. After establishing the brand sucesfuly on the Western market with the cutters they expanded their portfolio with laser cutting/engraving machines. Their designs follow closely the trends established by the Western manufacturers and show a clear intent to compete with them. They are the most expensive Chinese laser machine manufacturer I know of. Unlike most other Chinese companies their marketing approach (website, brochures etc.) is also of a Western type. I don't know about their tech. support. They use exclusively US RF metal tubes. I am not sure how the prices of their larger machines compare to the Western, but their desktop models cost about the same as Trotec's and Epilog's which I find ambitious.

// little slower but very similar specs

There are hundreds of machines with similar specs but very different performance. As always it is best to evaluate them by comparing samples. If you don't mind investing in a Chinese machine you would be able to select from many other brands offering similar configurations. All of the reputable Chinese companies work with Synrad, Coherent and Japanese Servo motors.
    I expect the pricing to be even lower than GCC.

GCC are made in Taiwan, not Mainland China. They have been in operation at least 15 years and expanded their range into Chinese glass tubes as well. They are well supported throughout the world.

I have owned 3 GCC lasers... and I am BIG fan. Never miss a beat and the US support is amazing. Let me know if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by OldEngraver View Post
    GCC are made in Taiwan, not Mainland China. They have been in operation at least 15 years and expanded their range into Chinese glass tubes as well. They are well supported throughout the world.
    I checked online: started 25 years ago with headquarters in Taiwan and divisions in China, US and Europe. I suspect US and Europe are sales/support reps. and their divisions in China are mostly for sourcing Chinese factories. Most Asian laser machine manufacturers work with factories in China, Taiwan and Japan. In that regard I don't think GCC are any different. They target mainly the Western markets therefore they have to comply to different standards, that includes the support of course. As for the glass tubes, I wonder if that is the reason wicked0ne got so much lower quote than Trotec or they drastically dropped the prices of their RF Machines?

Quote Originally Posted by Storen View Post
    I checked online: started 25 years ago with headquarters in Taiwan and divisions in China, US and Europe. I suspect US and Europe are only sales reps. and their divisions in China are mostly for sourcing Chinese factories. Most Asian laser machine manufacturers work with factories in China, Taiwan and Japan. In that regard I don't think GCC are any different. They target mainly the Western markets therefore they have to comply to different standards, that includes the support of course. As for the glass tubes, I wonder if that is the reason wicked0ne got so much lower quote than Trotec or they drastically dropped the prices of their RF Machines?
    None of my GCC lasers have a glass tube. Yes GCC is a Taiwan product, but having US support and parts can be huge. Many of the cheap Chinese lasers come with limited or no support. Or the support you get is in Chinese! MY GCC rep setup all machines at my location on my computer with my software. Everyone has different needs and experiences, I understand. But I have to say GCC has been great choice for me over the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dayspring View Post
    None of my GCC lasers have a glass tube. Yes GCC is a Taiwan product, but having US support and parts can be huge. Many of the cheap Chinese lasers come with limited or no support. Or the support you get is in Chinese! MY GCC rep setup all machines at my location on my computer with my software. Everyone has different needs and experiences, I understand. But I have to say GCC has been great choice for me over the last 10 years.
    // Many of the cheap Chinese lasers come with limited or no support. Or the support you get is in Chinese!

ha ha tell me about it I would say that this is true for most Chinese brands not only the cheap ones.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is very good to know that GCC are so reliable. In fact I was interested in their products for myself. A couple of months ago I contacted them about their desktop models. I have to admit I expected their pricing to be more aggressive being an imported Asian brand. The quote I got was higher than Epilog's so I lost interest. But they have much larger selection of models and option so I suspect they could be a better choice for some configurations. Do you recall how the prices of your machines compared to Epilog's and Trotec's when you bought them?

The Spirits have RF (Synrads) lasers in them as do most of their models. Some of the newer ones have glass tubes. Can't recall the model numbers. The shop I work part time in has a GCC Mercury 25w which has been operating since new in 2003
    with minimal maintenance. Not the fastest around, but reliability has been amazing.

I ended up buying the trotec speedy 400 120 watt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They gave me show pricing so I could not refuse the deal

They gave me show pricing so I could not refuse the deal

You mean they came down that much almost $12k

Not 12k but 6k and I get 120 watt laser over the 80 watt o e from GCC

Hello!

I just acquired a pre-owned 35watt LaserPro Explorer II and I need the software as it didn't come with the machine.

Any help on this?

Also, anyone cut leather with this? Anyone Skive or "engrave" leather to reduce thickness? Also, would this cause the part to small terribly? (we have exhaust)