587,887 active members*
3,281 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > tool carousel position problem

Question tool carousel position problem

Hello again,
    I have a problem on my 2001 haas mini mill and hoping that someone here might be able to help me out with it. I bought this machine used and it had several small problems with it (at a very good price). I have fixed all but the last 1 (I think), some with the help by reading some of the other threads on here. My problem now is when I call for a tool change the carousel shuttles to far past the spindle approx 1/2", I know this because during a area in the tool changer restore, you can insert a holder into the carousel. When I do this you can measure the CL of the spindle and the CL of the retention knob. I saw in the parameter list on #215 (carousel offset) it is a 0 right now. Is this offset there to adjust the position of it, if so what direction of #'s do I start out with. I would really appreciate all the help with this. Does anyone elae have any ideas what might be wrong if it is not parameter #215???

Thanks

I will check some information I have about adjusting the tool changer tomorrow but I don't think what you have is related to parameter 215. You say it shuttles past the spindle. The position at which the shuttle stops is determined by a limit switch and the crank that rotates to move the shuttle and as far as I can judge the position relative to the spindle is adjusted by moving the entire shuttle track. The bolt holes are slotted and there are some cam things to move the track. Have you tried adjusting here?

No I have not adjusted the carousel, but I will go out & look at it. I did download the parameter list from haas's web site & #215 deals with horizontal mills only. I will let you know what I find out, thanks for the help. :cheers:

I just wanted to let everyone know that what it ended up being, was when the company I bought this mill off from put the tool changer back together they put the bolted the roller guide in the wrong hole on the rotating arm. The mounted it as if they had a 20 pocket toolchanger. Haas told me that the part #'s are the same for the 20 & 10 pocket changers. The only thing that is different where you mount it the right or left hole. Happy times again and finally ready to make some chips.

Regarding Parameter#215 does any one know what increments to adjust? This is my first post hope it goes well. Thank you