588,380 active members*
5,619 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Tool changer

Tool changer

My fadals just wont quit. But my vmc40 seems to be getting a little sloppy when changing tools. When the turret begins to rotate there is a little play. Is there an adjustment for this or is a gear wearing out.

Been running these machines for years. The only real common problem is the amplifier axis cards. But the replacement cards seem to hold up fine.

Do you have a servo tool changer?

Hmmm. Cant say for sure. I will have to look at the manual. I didnt know if it was a common problem that could be solved by a adjustment or a fastener comming loose. This particualr machine has been working its butt off for at least a year and a half straight with lots of tool changes and long runs at high rpm. The rpm's dont relate to this problem but.....

When the action is initiated it like it starts to move, then delays, then finishes the move. Of course, with the fadal, its all incremental moves, to each pocket so its noticable.

I appreciate your input. But for the lack of response on this thread, its probably safe to say its not a common problem. May be a simple adjustment. I will investigate furthur.

Thanks.

You said it pauses at each pocket? Then it's not a servo ATC. The tool changers aren't tool difficult to work on. The hardest part is getting the covers on and off. Call K-Mac (248)852-8572 and ask for Keith. He'll be able to diagnose the problem on the phone and they don't charge anything for phone calls. www.kmac-parts.com He's the first person I call when I'm having problems with my Fadals.
    Sean

Thanks Sean - I appreciate the advice.