587,655 active members*
5,333 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Toolchange macro/sub for OSP5000L

Toolchange macro/sub for OSP5000L

I have an early LB-15. It has a semi-bidirectional turret. I have to program either an M86 or M87 to tell the machine which direction to turn the turret. While this isn't a huge issue, I would like to find a way to get around this if possible. One way I thought of would be to write some sort of macro program or sub program that would do the math behind the scenes when I call up a tool. However I don't even know where to start on something like this. Has anyone out there on this board done this? Is it even possible?

Thanks
    Nate

Should be a parameter to control shortest path control. 5000L is early, but i think they had it. I don't have anything here on any that early.

Anyone else have an idea about this or possibly know if my machine has a parameter to control this? I haven't looked at the parameters in awhile, but I do remember when I first got the machine spending a lot of time going thru them. I don't recall seeing anything about "shortest toolchange path" or similar.

Thanks,
    Nate

On the 5020 it is Optional Parameter Bit #4 bit 7. I think yours has that parameter, but they may be in a different location on the older "green screen machine." Check your operation manual to make sure.

Best regards,

as Mr.OkumaWiz said, you need to find the parameter in machine manuals. Parameters can be specific sometimes. There is parameter "short path turret indexing". If it is not set, the turret indexing direction is the same, as previously commanded.
    I haven't seen Okuma which requires M86 or M87 fot tool change. What happens if you just command T0202 and so on?

It may not have it, 5000-L is early, probably a dove tail X axis on that machine as well. I have 5000L-G books, but no 5000L.

Thanks for the reply guys,

Yes, it is an early machine, 1983. I spent some time today going thru the manual looking for a parameter that controls turret direction but found nothing. There is a spot in the manual that specifies either using an M86 or M87 to control direction. One is CW, the other CCW. Unless commanded otherwise the turret will rotate in one direction. For instance if it is on tool 1 and I call up tool 12, it will rotate all the way around. Depending of course on the turret direction currently commanded.

Also, it is a dovetail way machine.

So I guess back to the original question, are there enough variables to allow some sort of subprogram to do this? To be honest I'm not even sure I'm asking the right questions. I have only used sub's once on the OSP5000L and never done any macro programming on any machine.

Thanks again,
    Nate

You need the OSP option "user task2" for that. Macro is otpional as usual. You can create subprogram, sure. It needs to calculate distance between tools (it's simple arithmetics) and compare, that's conditional jump (IF, GOTO).
    Isn't it easier to use M86/ 87 every time?