587,997 active members*
2,106 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Toolpath operation copying

Toolpath operation copying

I have created toolpaths using a Centroid machine Group. I now need to copy these toolpaths using a different Machine group so that I can run the job on a different machine. After establishing a new Machine group I then right click on the desired toolpath and copy it and then paste it in the new machine group. When I post the new machine group toolpaths I get garbage. The orginal machine group toolpath when posted gives me the right code. One thing that I see is that the new machine group toolpath when posted does not post any G54. Both post when run with orginal toolpaths post good code. I am running the first release of X and both postprocessors are updated post from ver. 9. Any ideas or help ?

Thanks !

Jim W

Check the Misc values for the operations in the new group.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

That will fix the G54 output issue. I have a file that I did the same thing in X2
    I run the part on my Haas and it's fine. If I post it out through MPMASTER to my Sharp 2412, I get total garbage. Not even remotely the same profile...
    I'm going to zip it up and send it to my reseller as well as QC I think.
    I have no idea why it does that...

Mike,

Where are the misc values located? I don't see anything listed as Misc. values when I right click on the operation. Thanks for the help.

Jim W

Mike,

Just found the misc value tab in the toolpath screen. I think this is what you are talking about correct?

Thanks again,

Jim W

OK, I open up this tab and instead of getting the misc integers screen I get a file open screen that is defaulted to the NCI folder. It also only wants to look for a NCI file. If I look at the toolpath that is running under the Centroid post it opens the misc integers screen. Also I have noticed that the toolpath that doesn't post correctly has the wording next to the parameters tab which reads "Parameters-Work offset#0". PBMW does your file say the same?

Jim W

Uh...never seen that before.
    can you put up a screen shot of that?

Jim,
    you can change the post and machine Definition without copying to a new group. Go to operations mgr. open properties, click files tab. On the file tab page click replace and click the machine you want to use this will change the post and all but not the settings you had set in your toolpath. if you want a change back to the original machine click replace and pick machine etc.
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor