588,147 active members*
6,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tosnuc 600M Serial Port

Here is a question about an old Toshiba VMC85 with Tosnuc 600M control. We would like to load programs using the RS232 port but I have been unable to determine what the setting are for the port (bps, data length, parity, etc).

I have looked over the manuals that came with the machine and I have come to the conclusion that the serial port must have been some sort of upgrade after manufacture as the paper tape reader and bubble cassette have been removed from the machine and the manuals do not mention a serial port.

I was wondering if anyone knows this info or where to find it before I have to break out the oscilloscope and figure it out the hard way.

Tyler

I have information on the Tosnuc 500 /600 control that shows a BTR, but also have info on how to do it from the serial ports.

AT CONTROL

1. PRESS EDIT SOFTKEY.

2. PRESS PROGRAM SOFTKEY.

3. PRESS DUMP SOFTKEY.

4. TYPE IN THE PROGRAM NUMBER.

5. PRESS INTO SOFTKEY.

6. PRESS PORT A SOFTKEY.

7. PRESS EXEC SOFTKEY.

You might be dealing with a punch (output only) port. If you need more info, give me a call.
    Greg Mercurio -Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com /619-461-4000

Well I managed to figure out the serial port settings this machine is using. Not sure if it will help anyone but the settings are:

600bps
    Data bits 7
    Parity even
    1 stop bit
    hardware flow control

Now that I have this working I have been able to dump all of programs already loaded on the machine by the previous owners and I have been able to upload my own small programs. But when I try to upload a larger program I encounter a strange problem.

When I try to upload a program that is larger then 4 sectors the Interface on the machine stops responding and the counter that tells me how much has been uploaded starts to skyrocket and the error NC1-024 "Tape off error" shows up. I know there is enough free space on the machine to accept my program, it just seems that once a program passes the 4 sector mark the machine goes crazy. I have hit the main power switch and restart to get the machine back operational.

To make sure it was not my program causing the problem I dumped a program already in memory, then re uploaded it under another name. Same problem. Either something is wrong with the CNC controller or something I am doing is incorrect since the machine has many programs that are over the 4 sector mark.

I know its an old machine but I hope someone has some suggestions.

Thanks

tosnuc problems

Hi, are you still having problems with your machine.
    Feel free to contact me.

my website is www.tosnuc.com

I have a fully functional Tosnuc 600 test stand with 4 active servo motors connected as well.

+ I have a vmc45 and a Bmc 50 both with T600 controls, + pretty much every spare part and all documentation.

Fell free to contact me.

Re: tosnuc problems

Quote Originally Posted by tosnuc guy View Post
    Hi, are you still having problems with your machine.
    Feel free to contact me.

my website is www.tosnuc.com

I have a fully functional Tosnuc 600 test stand with 4 active servo motors connected as well.

+ I have a vmc45 and a Bmc 50 both with T600 controls, + pretty much every spare part and all documentation.

Fell free to contact me.

hi , do you mind to share the DNC setting for tosnuc 999 ? baud rate , parity , stop bit and where we can configure it ? thanks bro ~

Re: Tosnuc 600M Serial Port

Hi All, for the user with the problem. did you solve the solution for this problem?
    I would like to know a little bit, I am having the same problem with serial port connection and alarm NC1-024.
    Thanks in advance!