588,250 active members*
4,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Total newbie, where to start?

Total newbie, where to start?

I have available to me master cam x3, my employeer uses it and told me I could use it off the clock if I wanted to. I have a seig x3 that I am going to convert to cnc as soon as I can figure out how to make the parts I want to. I have toyed around on MC for a while now and am really getting nowhere. I work a different shift than the guy that uses it and he is "way too busy" to teach me. I am wondering if there is somewhere I can go to do a learn it myself approach or if there are any tutorials out there that are straight forward. Possibly this is not the right program for me too, I want to be able to easily design parts and have them acuratly translated to g-code, that parts are not terribly complex but it is better to have too much ability than not enough. Please help as I am lost.

This will cover everything you need to know from the introduction to the Mastercam system, to drawing and making toolpaths.

http://www.tipsforcadcam.com/product/TFM-CDIntroX3

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

you might try the library for reference books. most states will do full state wide searches and stuff.
    i was in your position not to long ago and was only able to get started after going to a class. it is excellent software, but learning it without a jumping off point is going to be tough.

Along with "Mike Mattera's Videos" you can buy books from CNC Solutions. You can find them on the Emastercam Forum.

http://www.emastercam.com/resources/
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

check out some of the learning videos www.isohunt.com << look up mastercam

Books

Try Amazon.com and search the used books. I have found some everytime I have checked, prices usually good, and sometimes very good.

Eapprentice.net

you should try this web site Eapprentice.net for beginers this one is one of the best ones out there and it is only 25bucks for amonth.