588,126 active members*
4,793 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Training Professor Box set, any good?????

Training Professor Box set, any good?????

Hello friends. Several months ago I bought BobCAD V25 but have not taken much time to learn it yet. I am asking to see if anyone has used the Training Professor Box set?

Was it worth investing the money into the training professor? Does the training professor box set go beyond just the basics and into advanced machining?

Thanks for your honest opinions.

Yup,yup,and yup.

bobcad guy Guest
    the professor vids will give you some ideas of what you can do, but like anything, its not like having a person there that you can say " wait a sec, do you mean...." for that, I recommend ya come here, but unfortunately, you gotta pay your dues like all of us. watch em several times each, the first few times youll have no clue whats up. then DONT BE AFRAID to play with it. its extremely helpful if your fluent at reading g code, just load a part into bobcad, then try every command in different ways, and read the outcome, then make a change, and read it again, then ya start to understand. I like to put my post in "debug" mode, and screw with that too. as long as you have backups, have at it. then come and get some answers here.

YES!! Borrow them if you get the chance. Buy them if you can find them, they will save you so much time learning the software.
    I bought a second v23 just for the professor discs. It has helped so very much.

Van

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the input.

I have been in the cutting metal for 27 years and I can read G-code. Manipulating the post is a big one for me. Sure it can make tool path but the proof is in the output, just like all CAM systems. Bad Post= bad code.

Thanks

The Training Professor videos are definitely worth the price and the time spent watching them. I agree with the other gentleman that spending time playing with BobCAD-CAM as you work through and re-view the training videos makes all the difference in the world.

Dave Queener
    Cumberland Model Engineering : Index
    Knoxville, Tennessee

The video professor is definitely worth while. I have no experience with CAD or CAM with the exception of BobCAD V25 and am doing quite well with the software. If you are using the Bobart addin, then the Bobart video professor will prove invaluable.