587,751 active members*
2,936 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Trainwreck Amp Headcab

I will attach the files for dimensions for the headcabs. There is a lot of interest in the ability to order these so I would like to ask if anyone here would be kind enough to please take these dimensions and make the cnc files for these boards to be cut. There are quite a few guys over at ampgarage that would love to be able to have local paople cut these shapes for them. $$$ in your pockets for cnc machine use
    Thanks guys,
    osoloco69

here's the dimensions
    Attached Files Attached Files

All of those parts would be much faster cut on a table saw. You can have those cut at most any local cabinet shop. In fact, they could cut them out by the time I could get the table loaded, program loaded, bit selected and program orientation set. I'm not kidding either!

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

yeah but this has beveled edges and a tapered front.

Quote Originally Posted by osoloco69 View Post
    yeah but this has beveled edges and a tapered front.
    Again. Much faster on the tablesaw. Ken Fisher built his cabinets with a table saw and a router (or router table).

Not a thing on that cabinet is really suitable for CNC to save any time or effort. That cabinet could be cut and assembled and final sanded and finished with just a couple of hours of work. I've made a lot of amp cabinets and still have not found one that the CNC would save time on except for the capsule shaped vent cut outs on the back panels of some cabinets.

Now the Trainwreck logo on the other hand. Lends itself to CNCing (but Ken Deserves respect, I'd never fake the Trainwreck logo.)
    Nathan

Well here it is 6 years later and the above table saw comments are still very correct. In fact, I will time how long it will take me to cut and then assemble and finish this case in one of the next few weekends