587,236 active members*
3,689 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > transferring dxf files to a hurco

transferring dxf files to a hurco

Hi out there,
    The company where I work has a Hurco bmc 30ht/m with ultimax 3 controls.
    The floppy drive quit working, and we use a lot of dxf files from engineering on floppy disc. I was wondering if it was possible to transfer dxf files directly to the hurco from a stand alone pc over an rs232 cable with predator software. I tried today briely but got program is invalid and will be erased on the hurco screen Is this possible. If so how is it done and what are the settings.
    Thanks for reading and for any help you can provide

have you been sending dxf files to the hurco in the past? if so, you have have the dxf software option already. next is your machine a max3 isa machine? (is the machine white?) if this is the case, the floppy drive in the console is a standard 1.44 floppy and can be replaced for about $20 at any staples. if the floppy controller on the motherboard is bad, you can find an isa floppy controller at a computer store and install it in the control to run the floppy. be sure to disable the onboard floppy controller in cmos. i'm guessing by the model that your machine is '95-'99 vintage. is your software level 1.## or 2.##? this helps to know. the year of manufacture is found in the serial number. First and last number in the serial. example would be B3m91006027CC, would be a '97 machine. the cpu could be 486 or pentium. there are a lot of upgrades that can be done economically to the control, depending on the cpu and software rev. be aware the motherboard is probably isa only because of the age. (not pci) THE SOFTWARE AND CPU LEVEL IS CRITICAL INFO TO DETERMINE WHERE YOU CAN GO!!!! ron