587,210 active members*
3,023 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Trico lube in the UK?

Hiya guys, just received a Trico microdrop system from the US, but now I need some lube for it. Does anyone know of a supplier in the UK, or any possible alternatives to their own brand? Thanks, Jason.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Kong,
    I don't know exactly what oil it would be, but I use their vegetable oil based product. I don't think you would be risking much by trying a cooking oil. Flashpoint might be of some consideration, that I don't know anything about. But, you have to dye it blue first for it to work
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have found one actually, Rocol Accu-lube. Thing is, I can't find a supplier for that either! i am getting close though, just gotta go through the phone book! I am eager to get it up and running, but don't think I will cut anything with regular cooking oil though, oh, and I don't have the blue dye either :stickpoke

Try J&L Industrial supplies for Rocol products in the UK,
    also get onto their mailing and fax lists for special offers

Rab,

Rainnea CNC

Don't despair if you can't find a "real cutting oil". Anything that is vegetable based isn't going to be far off of a cooking oil. It's maybe a tiny bit healthier than using a petroleum based oil for cutting, so far as oil fumes released into the air from hot chips, etc.

It'll smel like popcorn, or a deep fryer, mmm...

Thanks guys, they have the accu-lube lb-2000 on the j&l site, this is a heavy duty fluid, but not the lb-5000 which is the aluminium one. I think it will do, but if anyone has a second, could they confirm since it is rather pricey.
    http://www.rocol.com/lubricants/engl...king/acculube/
    The lb-2000 is slighty more hazardous then the 5000, and needs to be cleaned before heat treating - not that I intend to heat treat anything, but does this mean it may stain the aluminium?
    Otherwise I will give the cooking oil a go.

Quote Originally Posted by DSL PWR
    It'll smel like popcorn, or a deep fryer, mmm...
    Indeed The actual Tricool vegetable based lube has kind of a nutty smell to it, if you use it while machining steels, where there is plenty of heat in the chips.