587,119 active members*
3,506 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 4 123

Smile Trying to help

All,
    As many of you know I try to get on the zone at least a couple of times a day to see if I can help any Haas customer. As Westec is right around the corner I will not be able to get on the zone as much as I would like, as I will be down at Westec. Most of the time someone else will answer a question before I get to it.

If you have an urgent problem please call us here at the factory. If you do not get the help you expect please ask for their manager. You will then get my counterpart in service, the Service Manager. I really do not think it will go that far, but just in case.

Wayne,

Thanks for stopping by and helping out..always apreciated..Hope to get a chance to see you at Westec..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Sorry but I won't see you unless your going to EastTec in May. Thanks for all your help Wayne and we will see you when you get back.

Enjoy the Show!!!

BTW: Bring a camera so you can share the WestTec experience with the rest of us.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

What a cop-out! I happen to know that the computer at your kiosk has internet access. You could continue answering questions from the show, you just don't want to.

I'm currently planning at least two, maybe three days at the show. I'll be dawdling a lot in your booth. I learn the most just hanging out and watching the different demos and talking to people. I'll look for you.

Does anybody know if there's a decent restaurant that's within either safe walking distance or has parking where some of us could get together for dinner after the show? There is no 'late' (6:00 PM) night this year. I hate hitting that freeway at 5:00 PM.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
    ......Does anybody know if there's a decent restaurant that's within either safe walking distance or has parking where some of us could get together for dinner after the show? There is no 'late' (6:00 PM) night this year. I hate hitting that freeway at 5:00 PM.
    Don't cop out; take a group to the Proud Bird like I did last year.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Ahh...but the Proud Bird is 15 miles from the convention center. I'm trying to avoid the drive from there. I know it's one of your favorites and I'd drive the distance to meet you, if you were making it down.

There's got to be something right around the convention center.
    Greg

Why not try Google Maps to find a 3 or 4 star restaurant ?? I'm sure you can find something.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I actually tried that last year. Everything was many blocks away. Downtown isn't a place you want to walk that far after dark.
    Greg

I actually tried that last year. Everything was many blocks away. Downtown isn't a place you want to walk that far after dark.
    Hmmmmm......... That could pose a few problems. I have never been there so I have no clue, but I'll take your word for it.

No chance you would invite these guys to your house for a BBQ???

I am a small town person myself but ended up here in NY. Long story not worth telling LOL.

You guys will find something no doubt.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    No chance you would invite these guys to your house for a BBQ???
    I live 80 miles away. Why do you think I want to get something to eat instead of getting on the freeway.

I just spent a few minutes looking at restaurants on Google Maps. That street view is a real eye opener. Nope, no place I want to be after dark.
    Greg

I live 80 miles away. Why do you think I want to get something to eat instead of getting on the freeway.

I just spent a few minutes looking at restaurants on Google Maps. That street view is a real eye opener. Nope, no place I want to be after dark.
    Freeway FOOD!!! Prime Road Kill with or without Flies, Yummy

What do you see, a gang war, or crack heads???

I'm not too sure that show is worth the risk. Maybe you should go to the Chicago show when it rolls around again.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

What do you see, a gang war, or crack heads??
    Bars on all windows and doors, unmarked buildings, no signs, no trees, nothing--a concrete jungle. One of the burger places was a free standing burger shack with a walk-up counter and zero seating: take your food and run.

Seriously though, yes, I want to go to IMTS someday. Maybe next year? I've heard that it dwarfs Westec.

There's a restaurant in the Staples Center a block away but the reviews are totally underwhelming. It's also unclear whether it's open when they aren't having a sports event at the arena.
    Greg

Bars on all windows and doors, unmarked buildings, no signs, no trees, nothing--a concrete jungle. One of the burger places was a free standing burger shack with a walk-up counter and zero seating: take your food and run.

Seriously though, yes, I want to go to IMTS someday. Maybe next year? I've heard that it dwarfs Westec.

There's a restaurant in the Staples Center a block away but the reviews are totally underwhelming. It's also unclear whether it's open when they aren't having a sports event at the arena.
    Well I'm looking at my cat thinking you would be better of picking up a bag of 9Lives on the way to the show to eat later.

Man that sounds like the South Bronx to me. Don't forget to wear your BPV and pack a piece in your bag of 9Lives. Your in for a rough night after the show.

Maybe the restaurant Geof suggested is out of the way but worth it if you get to hang with the guys after the show. Just don't drink too much because pulling over in that neighborhood is a bad idea.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Guys,
    As I do stay in a hotel near the convention center I understand what Donkey is saying. However there are some good places to eat. Arnie Morton's the Steakhouse is a few blocks away. Yes, it really is, but I do not think you want to go there. Some of the hotels have some good places to eat. There are also some other smaller places that will be booked unless you make reservations. There is a place that used to be a fire station that is not too bad. I can not remember the name. I think is is Station 54, not really sure.
    Oh, and I did not say I will not be getting on the zone. I will be checking in from time to time but not three or four times a day like I do know.

At least you guys don't have to drive back and forth from Oxnard.

A friend at work turned me on to this. It's really the kind of destination I was hoping for:

http://www.lalive.com/

It's a brand new shopping / dining complex that is half a mile (walking distance) from the South Hall parking lot. The complexes are almost up against each other but the south hall parking is diagonally opposite from where the restaurants are. Worse still, I don't think there is parking over by the restaurants so you have to pay $7-10 just to move your car from the convention center to the restaurants.

Who's going to be at Westec and which days? I'm committed to Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday will depend on how I feel after the first two days.
    Greg

At least you guys don't have to drive back and forth from Oxnard.

A friend at work turned me on to this. It's really the kind of destination I was hoping for:

http://www.lalive.com/

It's a brand new shopping / dining complex that is half a mile (walking distance) from the South Hall parking lot. The complexes are almost up against each other but the south hall parking is diagonally opposite from where the restaurants are. Worse still, I don't think there is parking over by the restaurants so you have to pay $7-10 just to move your car from the convention center to the restaurants.

Who's going to be at Westec and which days? I'm committed to Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday will depend on how I feel after the first two days.
    Have fun and I am glad you found something. See I told you so, LOL
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

See I told you so, LOL
    Well, it's brand new. If you look at Google Maps and go to satellite view, it's still dirt in the aerial photos. The newness is probably why none of it showed up in the restaurant searches. I don't think it was there a year ago.
    Greg

I wanted to thank you for helping me with my Issues (haas specific learning curve) also

Yahoo Maps

I sometimes find that Yahoo maps tend to be more recent.

Well, it's brand new. If you look at Google Maps and go to satellite view, it's still dirt in the aerial photos. The newness is probably why none of it showed up in the restaurant searches. I don't think it was there a year ago.

Customer Service

It's no problem. A big part of my job is helping Haas customers. It really helps that I really enjoy my job too and love working for Haas.

Quote Originally Posted by panaceabea View Post
    I wanted to thank you for helping me with my Issues (haas specific learning curve) also

Page 1 of 4 123