588,525 active members*
7,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > TS3040C-H80 mach3 motor tuning settings help please

TS3040C-H80 mach3 motor tuning settings help please

Hi

I have had one of these machines for a couple of weeks and have run out a few bits.

Problem I have is when maching in Z axis when its stepping down it's gaining distance, for example a program I ran stepped down 1mm at a time and when it got to 8mm down on the program it had actually machined 12mm down, I would think the steps per, acceleration and velocity is wrong in the config, motor tuning settings.

I have contacted the supplier who says leave the settings as default which is clearly not right, The paper manual said a different setting and a pdf manual they sent me said another different setting, I have also downloaded 2 other manuals for this machine and they have different settings.

I'm pulling my hair out as all the manuals for the same machine give different settings.

Can someone on here confirm that they can machine to correct distances and steps and please tell me what settings they are using for each axis

These settings are in the config, motor tuning section and the numbers I need are for - steps per, acceleration, velocity and the step pulse and the Dir pulse

If you can help i'd really appreciate it

Many thanks

I think you can leave the accel. and speed to default as far as not absolute zero and you can adjust these later. to see how much your steppers handle.
    But the most important is to get steps per correct. On settings page, left low corner is axis calibration. press the steps per unit. In the first box that opens insert the distance you want the machine to move. when the machine moves a given distance, second window opens. measure moved distance on the table and see how much it moved in reality and enter to the second window. It calculates step. per and saves it. this is the most easy for you.

Ok thanks will try that later

Sorted thanks - attached digital verniers to the spindle with a cable tie and ran the steps per config in settings

I have attached the Mach3Mill.xml file into the link below which thanks to admin is now sticky at the top of the Chinese machine forum....

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...y_swapped.html