588,529 active members*
7,383 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 7 of 9 56789
    Can you send me the plans as well? thanks, I have the dwg for the corian awhile back from JRT but nothing else

Hi,

I tried to buy a tool changer from Derek, actually M20000, but unfortunately the payment could be done only by PayPal or money orders. Here in Romania I have no access to PayPal, it is not in their portofolio, and money order can be done only by Western Union about which here are only bad words, and is VERY expensive. Asked Derek severla times about wire transfer which I can do but he did not reply ever. So, is here somebody who tried to build himself such a tool holder? If yes, can help me to build one for myself. I do not have a lathe or mill but I have a friend who is working in a workshop. Could someone help? maybe only with a sketch and few dimension. JTL, I have sent you a PM, did you get it? Could you please, send me the plans of docking area for tool changer? My address is [email protected].

Thank you,

Zoltan

They might do a wire transfer. The problem with western union is that there is so much illegal stuff going on, so many American companies are afraid to mess with anything else than PayPal. Even with PayPal however there are problems.

Quote Originally Posted by GAWnCA View Post
    So is this macro for MACH 3? I'm in the process of setting this up. It appears that you are using metric measurements. Can this be set up for USA measurements?

Here is the Macro I use. The tool numbers start at 1 on the Y24" side of the table.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by JLT View Post
    Here is the Macro I use. The tool numbers start at 1 on the Y24" side of the table.
    do you have the plans for the toolchanger? If so could you send them to me? I've got the autocad file for the corian cutout for the top but nothing else.. thanks!:rainfro: also how does the tc work out at higher speeds? I thought it was only rated to 10k RPMS?

Quote Originally Posted by bp092 View Post
    do you have the plans for the toolchanger? If so could you send them to me? I've got the autocad file for the corian cutout for the top but nothing else.. thanks!:rainfro: also how does the tc work out at higher speeds? I thought it was only rated to 10k RPMS?
    The plans for the tool rack (top and bottom) are on the thread somewhere Ill have to look.

Yes, 10k but I have no problem with the heavy spring going to 12000. Haven't really tested the limit yet.

I don't have the plans for the Rapid Tool Changer.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=41

Quote Originally Posted by bgriggs View Post
    I'm trying to find out what size and variety of endmills you used to cut the MDF parts for your project. Can you help?

Bill
    Help could someone please answer this question so I can start building. What size bit are you using to cut out the MDF parts.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bgriggs View Post
    Help could someone please answer this question so I can start building. What size bit are you using to cut out the MDF parts.

Bill
    I use 1/4" 2 flute upcut.

These DXF files are drawn for use with Sheetcam but you can get the dimensions.

Upper Plate
    Thickness: .833"

Lower Plate
    Thickness: .5"
    E-Clip pocket depth: .055"
    E-Clip pocket diameter: 1.437
    Holder slide depth: .147"
    JTL<

What did you use for the small metal clips that are shown in the photos? Also, in one of the videos I saw of your ATC it appears that there is some sort of door or covering that closes over the tools in the holder when the router moves away. Is that your design and if so do you have the plans for that as well?

Thanks,
    Greg

p.s. I'm getting there, just takes time.

What supplier do you use?

JTL<

What did you use for the small metal clips that are shown in the photos? Also, in one of the videos I saw of your ATC it appears that there is some sort of door or covering that closes over the tools in the holder when the router moves away. Is that your design and if so do you have the plans for that as well?

Thanks,
    Greg

p.s. I'm getting there, just takes time.

The E-clip is 1.442" OD and .75" ID. Thickness is .055". Must be ground to fit tool holder groove.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=4300

The door is just cardboard swinging on the 1/4" all thread. This was just a temporary thing till I got my floating dust brush.

Jerry

The E-clip is 1.442" OD and .75" ID. Thickness is .055". Must be ground to fit tool holder groove.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=4300

The door is just cardboard swinging on the 1/4" all thread. This was just a temporary thing till I got my floating dust brush.

Jerry
    Another Harbor Freight Junkie!!! I go there all the time. I don't see that size though in that assortment. Oh well, I'll find them. Where abouts do you live? I'm out here in California, for the time being and then will be moving back to Missouri.

I really like your dust door, it would make sure that chips don't get down into the tool holders. By the way, did you make your own tool holders?

Thanks for your reply, and the inspiration.

Greg

Smile Floating brush

Howdy JLT,

Love the ATC. Going to have to make one when I get mine running and figure out how to use it . but in the mean time I alrady have Duct collector so I am wondering if you have plans availible for your Floating brush assembly? . I know you aquired the brush from a unknowing doner . Hope you didn't get in to much trouble . I will keep eye my open for something maybe i can use. thanks. for al the great ideas Kent

Bless You!!! WooooHoooo!!!! Now I can cut!!! Let the dust begin to Flow!!!!

Bill

Jerry,

How did you make the tool holders? or did you have to buy them?

Greg

Jerry,

How did you make the tool holders? or did you have to buy them?

Greg
    http://www.hightechsystemsllc.com/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by calgrdnr View Post
    Howdy JLT,

Love the ATC. Going to have to make one when I get mine running and figure out how to use it . but in the mean time I alrady have Dust collector so I am wondering if you have plans availible for your Floating brush assembly? . I know you aquired the brush from a unknowing doner . ........Kent
    I too would be interested in plans for a Floating Brush Assy

Thanks Switcher. I got it and I bought it. They are one cool and simple piece of engineering. I found the "E" clips today at a place I least expected, a company here in town called Blue Collar Supply. They have a big bin of them at 10 cents each and I bought 5. Wasn't really sure they would work but they are going to be fine. They are a little bit bigger than what JTL had used. My buddy here just sold his CNC machine so I'll have to find another way to mill out the tool holder. I wish I had the "G" code so I could just load up and run it in MACH3.

By the way, where is JTL?

Quote Originally Posted by Switcher View Post

While my dust collector is still being prototyped and needs to still be tested once the machine is up and running. I took the idea for JLT's machine and drew it (I could not find his plans). If you are interested I can supply the drawing file for the parts (realizing that I have not tested it yet). At present it will raise and lower with very little effort but it does require modified sides from what Joe's design calls for. You can see it at www.cncmachine.phillipsfamily.ca

Has anyone checked the run out after putting this on there spindle? Seems like alot of distance from the collet on the router. And store bought routers are know to have run out to start with. and the longer your put the tool out there the more runout you get. I am just wondering what kind of run out you are looking at after doing this mod. All the store bought routers I used had almost 0.005" run out from the factory and if you extended that out to say 2" from the collet nut it was more like 0.02"

Page 7 of 9 56789