587,252 active members*
3,301 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > unhappy with the direction of mastercam

unhappy with the direction of mastercam

i have been using mastercam since version x. i'm not real happy with the progress of fixing bugs and taking stuff away. in x5 the latest thing that is problematic is when using circle mill if you put a M01 in canned text with depth of cuts it no longer puts the stop at each depth. in x4 it did. i used this to clear chips. now i have to be at the machine and manually stop to clear the chips. i use circle mill because it is real easy to put a pilot hole in the center and not use contour and then go back and add points after. i really don't understand where mastercam is going. they put out x6 and then pulled it because of all the bugs. x3 was a real bug filled pos. they may be number one now but keep pissing off users and it won't be that way for long! now i admit i'm not a power user most of the stuff i do is 2.5 d some 3 d but i believe most of the users are only using 2.5 d. most manufacturing is 2.5 d. maybe i'm wrong here i don't know. maybe i'm out dated with only a 3 axis mill. comments?

How much did you pay for your package? What did your reseller say about your concerns?

i don't know how much it was. i'm just the guy that uses it. the reseller listened and agreed somewhat and said they would relay what i sad to mastercam.

mastercam x4 is good than x5,it depends upon users on how they use this software,for me x4 is much better to use.

Sounds 'hot' to me, normally you get support for that. Be careful handing out your bosses details it could land him in hot water.

Did you talk to your dealer about this being a post issue of were it is out putting what you want. Have you tried getting post help from the guys at the Mastercam Forum.

(i believe most of the users are only using 2.5 d. most manufacturing is 2.5 d.) Well it mater were you are in Manufaturing. Most people I deal with do more 3 to 5 axis programming with MC.

PS I would look at Helix Bore for what you are doing and a high helix EM, if you are cutting Alum go with a Destany 3flt tool for this.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

The Biggest problem with X6 is Tool H and D offsets Not sticking!! Thats really scary.

X5 Has some Serious Transform problems...

I've decided to stay W/ X5 till X6MU1 rolls out.