587,974 active members*
4,391 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Update on Reman Fadal

Update on Reman Fadal

Well, we received our 4020HT Reman and it is sweet!!
    Other than the little decal on the front of the cabinet stating "Fadal Factory Rebuild" it is a new machine. It came wrapped in plastic (cool, with the Fadal logo all over it!!), tarped, and bolted to an obscenely stout skid.
    It shipped and was delivered when they said it would, no complaints at all.
    I would say you could probably find a cheaper Fadal out there, but the confidence you get when you key up the control and see 0.00 hours on the machine is worth the extra$$.
    The only problem we had was the plastic stretch wrap bent and eventually broke our Block Skip switch and the little knob on the MPG. Both items were replaced immediately. I say not bad for a machine traveling on a flatbed truck from CA to TX!!
    In short, I highly recommend one if you have the means.

Thank you all for your input!!
    Respectfully,
    James Winn
    Sierra Machining & MFG., LLC

yep

I have one at my house.... Just ran out of Warranty.

Does not matter because I have had no problems for a year now..

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by SIERRAMACHINE View Post
    Well, we received our 4020HT Reman and it is sweet!!
    In short, I highly recommend one if you have the means.

Thank you all for your input!!
    Respectfully,
    James Winn
    Sierra Machining & MFG., LLC

Yep, I've had my Reman-4525 for about 6 months now. It is awesome! Only drawback is the air over oil spindle option I purchased. The air over oil spindle is an upgrade so you can run 10,000rpm continuously without burning up the spindle. The only drawback is that it is an air HOG!!! I had to replace my dual 5hp headed compressor with a rotary screw compressor. Keep this in mind if you ever pursue an air over oil spindle!

Geez I dont know about that air/oil spindle. Are you sure yours is set properly? Mine barely uses any air at all.

I have about 18 months on a used VMC 40. Not one lick of trouble.

shizzlemah--
    You can't really compare the old VMC 40 air/oil spindle with the one today. They are completely differnt systems. The older ones had an EPA issue with the oil fog being produced. The newer one have a vacum system to conatin the fog emmissions. Yes it will use more air however it should not be an air "HOG". At least not from my interpertation if the term HOG.

Neal