588,211 active members*
4,010 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > G-Code Programing > Using a system variable (time) to start a program
Page 2 of 2 12
    Confusion did not enter the equation. I read every post in almost every thread on this forum. yes I'm THAT dedicated.
    Parroting already posted info does not help. But since I read almost every post in almost every thread I already know what you posted and many were similar type 'questions'. Do us all a favor and read it all if you want to help.....

Ok Ford……I will make the attempt at taking the higher road on this one and apologize now as it appears that I must have ruffled your feathers in some other post some time back or said something you may have taken offense to. The reasons I say this is because I am sure I can find hundreds of posts that have been made that are either double questions, people posting outside the OP questions, thread cutting, and I am sure that you have said next to nothing in any of those posts, so I ask myself why now??

So let’s stick to the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by fordav11 View Post
    Please read ALL of it if you want to usefully contribute to the discussion rather than create more questions where the answer is just above in previous posts.......
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    The reason I am asking the question is because it is not a good idea to leave the machine on and out of Estop 24/7.
    Now that I stated why I asked the question please point out in any post in this thread (to the quotes above) that anyone stated that it was not a good idea to leave the machine powered up and not in Estop mode 24/7.

Parroting already posted info does not help. But since I read almost every post in almost every thread I already know what you posted and many were similar type 'questions'. Do us all a favor and read it all if you want to help.....
    I ask you will all due respect. Do not accuse me of plagiarism as I take extreme offense. I may not have all the details in my posts that I once did almost 4yrs ago but about the time that you have joined I do not have the time I once did. What you are saying is within a 6month time you have read all of my posts (well most as you have stated) and saying that they are fraudulent. Where “you” may find a handful of posts that may be copies of others throughout threads I can show you 3k+ across the forums that are not. I will even show you copies of posts from other members that I copied to other forums to help someone with a similar problem and stated in those posts that they were not mine but other peoples suggestions/posts from elsewhere. With what I have received via PM, work email, personal email, and standard mail I am pretty sure there are a few others that may disagree with you.

I read every post in almost every thread on this forum. yes I'm THAT dedicated.
    I sincerely give you props. You are more dedicated then 98% of the people here then.

Myself. I am at work from 5am to 6pm when I get home. By the time I make dinner and feed my kids, do their homework, and get them to bed it’s almost 9pm. I spend the next 2-3hrs trying to follow up on helping anyone that I may have left hanging from the night before or responses that I posted during the day.

Do us all a favor and read it all if you want to help.....
    I am pretty sure that you and that includes myself have not earned the right to speak for all the members here at the forum so don't begin to act like everyone agrees with you and you wrote the book on proper forum posting.

To the OP of this thread. Jake I apologize for getting OT as this is your thread. All I was going to point out with my question from which I ONLY quoted “you” was leaving your machine on 24/7 is not the best idea.

Steve

Fordav11,
    I know that you possess a good knowledge, and try to help others in the best possible manner, devoting a lot of time, the same is true for Stevo also. I have myself learnt a lot from his posts. Let us all work together for the benefit of those who are less experienced. Of course, there is no harm in having such a discussion over a cup of evening tea, in a light mood.

Steve,
    Yes we do leave the machine on in the dwell if we are expecting the next shift to come in. In instances where the operator is not coming in that day, the Tech for the machine will put the machine into E-stop at the end of the shift and then an hour prior to the next operator coming in, start the warmup sequence. It is a complicated system, but it is what we need to meet our production demands and keep the machines warmed up.

Page 2 of 2 12