588,342 active members*
5,178 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > v23 will not select wireframe geometry for toolpaths???

v23 will not select wireframe geometry for toolpaths???

hello and thanks!

Yes, i fell victim to a small pocketbook and those slimy salesman! there is a special place in hell for people like that....

so the issue i am having....

created a logo for a client, small simple nothing special. i built everything in bobcad from a 2d outline of the logo. extruded and subtracted surfaces to get the final product. now when it comes to toolpaths, the majority of the edges of my solids cannot be selected by any means... and when i try and project geometry to surface it gives me a piece of **** arc that looks nothing like the original geometry.

i have no idea how to get the program to recognize these lines when selecting toolpath geometry. i can select the lines and pull dimensions. i cannot place points on the geometry to re-create a spline. its like they are not there. extracting and exploding surfaces doesnt work....

running out of ideas. been through all the menus. ready to find that salesman and extract some help from his face.

any help, suggestions ANYTHING! i have to have this done today

feel free to call me if you are an expert with this progr(am!

(360)624-4112

Quote Originally Posted by Frantic Fab View Post
    hello and thanks!

Yes, i fell victim to a small pocketbook and those slimy salesman! there is a special place in hell for people like that....

so the issue i am having....

created a logo for a client, small simple nothing special. i built everything in bobcad from a 2d outline of the logo. extruded and subtracted surfaces to get the final product. now when it comes to toolpaths, the majority of the edges of my solids cannot be selected by any means... and when i try and project geometry to surface it gives me a piece of **** arc that looks nothing like the original geometry.

i have no idea how to get the program to recognize these lines when selecting toolpath geometry. i can select the lines and pull dimensions. i cannot place points on the geometry to re-create a spline. its like they are not there. extracting and exploding surfaces doesnt work....

running out of ideas. been through all the menus. ready to find that salesman and extract some help from his face.

any help, suggestions ANYTHING! i have to have this done today

feel free to call me if you are an expert with this progr(am!

(360)624-4112
    What build are you running? If 1595 or lower post your file and I will take a look at it . If you are own 1812 I can't open those files .

Hey Frantic,
    In BobCad, you will need to "extract the edges" of the solids parts you want to have for 2d operations...

Create a new layer and make it active, then got to utilities and look for "extract edges-single", then select the edges you want for the operations.. Then blank the original layer...

Also, try blanking your solids to be sure the original curves are not going to get "doubled" when you extract any edges... Layers, layers, layers!

BurrMan has it right. Note that if you put them on the same layer as the geometry, you may not be able to select them. They MUST be made on a new layer. Click the "Layers" tab at the bottom left. Right click in the list and add a new layer. Move the red Check from the CAD layer where it is (most likely) to the new layer. THEN extract the edges will be on the NEW layer, so click the black square on the CAD layer to blank it out.