588,201 active members*
4,555 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V24 won't post, only posts a blank file

V24 won't post, only posts a blank file

I wanted to move my V24 from an old PC to a new PC. I have been using V24 since 2011 with basically no problems.
    I contacted BobCad and got the old PC de-Authorized and installed the software on the new PC and got it authorized.
    It seems to work fine but it won't post, you post and the progress bar blinks on the screen and the no code is displayed in the window, and it writes a blank file.

BobCad support wasn't any help, they said they don't support V24 any more , they suggested checking here.

I think this is a common problem, I found several posts here and on the BobCad forum with the exact same problem, but no one seemed to fix the problem.

I have tried reinstalling, running as administrator, changing the post, checking file permissions and everything else other people suggested in the forum posts.

I installed V24 on another PC that's very similar to the one that's not working and, it posts fine right from a generic install.

It must be something in the PC stopping it from working, the PC is Win 7 Pro, 64bit, but I have it running fine on a Win 7 Home 64bit.

The only clue I have to what the problem is, if you click Edit CNC in the posting window you will get an error saying the file is locked.
    I have ran Procmon an I have seen a file sharing error on the NC post file also.

I have tried many times changing the directory, filename and permission of the NC file, with no help. And it works on another PC straight out of the box.

I really want to run BobCad on this PC that wont post, I hope someone remembers what it takes to make this work.

Re: V24 won't post, only posts a blank file

Check the nc filepath set in the current settings. I think its on the posting tab

Have checked it many times, and tried different paths, all do the same, post an empty file in the location set in the path.

youngfg,

I sent you a PM.