588,209 active members*
4,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V414 M32B Control Powering off while in cycle!

Hello, new to the community and hope im posting this in the right place.

We have a V414/32 with M32B, great machine overall but for going on a year now, having problems with the control losing power at random. It happens while sitting idle, writing a program, or in mid cycle (which is scary). At that point all that I have is E-Stop, power off button and spiral conveyor. No aux power outlet power, feed hold, or any other buttons work. Believe it or not it comes back on sometimes when you jiggle the control or smack the door.

Power supply was replaced, and had certified Mazak technicians try to diagnose, with no success.

Has anyone else had this problem?? Its very frustrating as we make different parts all day long, and sometimes the program isnt perfect. (potential hard impact into vices). Any input would be greatly appreciated this needs to get fixed. Thanks!

It's always hard to troubleshoot intermittent problems like this. Sounds like a loose connection though, which should be easy to find. The fact that you are losing your 100V aux power points to a loose AC connection which should be even easier to find.

I would look through your schematics and see what the aux power and control power have in common and then tighten every connection supplying power to them. It may go through a breaker or two, some terminal strips and maybe even a relay. Be sure to pull on the wires as they may have loose crimp connections.

If that doesn't yield anything, I would then start tapping on any circuit breakers or relays in the circuit. If that doesn't pinpoint the trouble, I would then install jumpers that bypass the circuit breakers or relay contacts.

If there is a relay in the aux power circuit, it could be you are losing the power that energizes the relay and not a faulty contact. That could be a more complicated problem, like in the DC control circuit.

If you still get nothing you might want to expand your search by jiggling, tugging and tapping on other wires, relays, connectors, boards and switches.

It's all a process of elimination. Figure out why you're losing the aux power and if that doesn't help you then figure out why you're losing NC power and see what they have in common.

Good luck.

Thank you for the support. I apologize for never replying, I don't go on the computer much and If I do its to check on stuff quick. But we have pretty much been dealing with the issue, still goes out on a daily basis.
    We have unplugged and cleaned most connections, still no success. I do believe it's a loose connection like you said, but where I have no idea. A heavy cut vibration can make it turn on and off with each pass it takes hah. And actually just sliding the door can make it turn back on. So with that being said, I don't think it's a connection within the control unit itself. And what really surprises me is how it can turn off randomly while sitting idle. I know it's not something easy to diagnose over a forum, just had hopes of someone else running across this issue. Any further input would be greatly appreciated though. Thanks again

Il add that someone took out the power supply from the electrical cabinet, looked it over and put it back in. When the control loses power, there's no power on the supply output connections like something is shutting off the power supply altogether.