587,395 active members*
3,638 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VBScript

VBScript

Just curious if anyone has some scripts they have written, or aquired some other way, that I may take a look at.

I'm trying to go through the customization.pdf file. But having never coded anything, it's a bit confusing. So if I had some examples, it may make things easier.

Thanks

Have you seen the Wizards in Mach? They are done in VBScript, so open them in the screen designer and take a look at the code. I don't know what you would like to do But I could help you more if you tell me more.

Day = 24
    Sleep = GetOMEDRO(1201)
    If GetOEMLED(1002) Then
    Wife = Happy
    Day = Day - 10
    End IF
    Day = Day - sleep
    Free_Time = Day

Call SetOEMDRO(1200,Free_Time)

I don't think this is what you are looking for but it will show you a little of the format.

Sorry, been a little busy lately and forgot about this thread. Here's what I'm wanting to accomplish.

I'm used to Cinncinati Milacron controls, which seem to be a little off standard. I will eventually build a probe. And I'm wanting it to act as though it does on the Cinncinati's.

Here is how they work....

To probe a surface in X Y OR Z, you would give the following command - G77 Yy or Xx or Zz. The x, y and z value is an aboslute value that you know is past the surface you want to probe. Lets say we use Y0 for this example. If the machine is currently positioned at y1.25, when given the G77 Y0, it will move towards Y0 at a predetermined feed rate. Once it hits, it will back off .05., and then move towards Y0 again, probing the same point but only at a slower feed. When hitting the second time, it will again back off .05. It then records the X Y and Z position of the point probed. The position of the machine +/- 1/2 the diameter of the probe.

Is there anyway to make a probe behave like this? Also is it possible to record the points into a text file or even better yet, is there a way to read/write to a table from Mach2 (excel or similar).

I'm sure I'm biting off way more that I can chew. But that seems to be how I learn things.

DAB.
    I think you are looking for a simple probe cycle and yes it will do it. IT is a G31 in Mach2/3... as for the hit back off and hit slower... mmmm I think I could make it do it but most people go slow . What would you like to do with the points you get? You can save them as a point cloud and take the point cloud into CAD.
    Hope that helps
    Brian

You could do alot of things if Mach2/3 could read and write points from a cell type table (spreadsheet?). For example, the simplest thing I could think of is check dimensions on a part.

For instance if you have a wall in the X axis and want to determine the thickness you could probe each side of the wall, use a formula (can you input formulas into Mach2?) to calculate the thickness. Basically a CMM. You could write a program to check an entire part, and have it output all the thicknesses in a text file, or back into a table type file.

You could also use points in the table/spreadsheet within a program if needed. For this, the easiest example I could think of is altering premilled, or even cast/forged parts.

We have a couple parts at work that are forgings. And since they are very rarely the same, and it's pretty much impossible to load them the same way, we load up the probe. And run a program that probes several points. Storing these points in tables (actually called Temporary Registers in the control). Then within the same program, there are formulas that set offset tables based off the values stored in the table.

I just want to clarify something though. I'm not really asking someone to do it for me. I would really like to learn this myself. But of course need a little help along the way. But if there is no way to read the points from within Mach2/3, then it's pretty much hopeless (I think).

I am going to make a CMM screen set very soon! I have just (In the last few weeks) figured out how I would like to do a CMM screen set. I was thinking about doing a print out (Text file) with data about the things that you have probed. An example would be a circle, you could probe the ID or OD in many places the software would give you the Best fit circle and tell you how round the circle form is. The same thing could be done for lines... In the end it would be best to put the data out as a 3d DXF or igis file that you could work with in your computer for reverse engineering parts.

Is this what you are thinking? And if you are I could work with you as I have all the math done
    Thank you
    Brian