588,197 active members*
4,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > very new user question

very new user question

I am very new to using bobcad and have read and watched videos on how to do several different things. I have made toolpaths within pockets, done offsetting, etc. However I cannot seem to make a single line into a toolpath. I am wanting to make a 3/16 path using a 3/16 end mill. Can someone fill me in on this simple issue?

Thanks

line

do a profile and pick no offset.this will run the tool on center of the line.if this is not what you are looking for post your file and explain what you want bob cad to do.

ahh, I figured it was something simple. Thanks thats exactly what I was looking for.

Remember when doing profiles it is a good thing to use the contour function in the other menu. This can help with direction and such.

Thanks Burrman, that was my next issue. I am still unclear on how it works though. As a test sample I have a single straight horizontal line as a toolpath with no offset. This works good in the verify window and does what I want it to. However, I tried (what I thought) was all the combinations on the contours tab and can seem to get the direction arrow to track from right to left. No matter what I do it always sets up left to right.

contours

utilities, reverse contour. this will change the direction.click on line then right click ok.

The direction is controlled by "Chain Picking". Make a straight line then go to other-contour command and shift click the end of the line and select OK. Now undo that action and shift click the other end.

You can also reverse it like 1234567 mentioned.