587,879 active members*
3,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VF4 APC

VF4 APC

I just purchased a 1999 VF4 APC machine & have a question about its use. I am thinking about leaving our local HFO hook up the APC (factory), but I would like to go ahead & hook power & air to the mill & start using it right away (without the APC for now). Does anyone know if I can use the mill without having the APC attached (and wired in) to the side of it even though it is an APC equiped mill? I have this large & rush job that takes approx 16 hrs (each) to machine complete & I really can't wait for the HFO to come in & attach the APC to the mill & get it running. Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

if you do not have a termination plug for the side of the electrical cabinet then just leave the pallet changer plugged in, it does not have to be lined up as long as you don't try to do a pallet change, and you already have a pallet in the machine. you also have to make sure the chain is in the right place for the limit switches to tell the haas that the pallet not being used is home.
    REYTECH Machine Service Corp. CNC repair NY, NJ
    http://www.reytechmachine.com

Smile

Thanks serviceman!! I was hoping that I could use the mill as it is, at least for now until I can have them come in & finish hooking it up. Do you know approx how long it might take to hook just the APC up the rest of the way & test to make sure everything is lined up?