588,445 active members*
4,957 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Wantai 57bygh633 6 lead bipolar half coil wire help please.

Wantai 57bygh633 6 lead bipolar half coil wire help please.

Hey guys,

Total newb here...looking for a simple explanation on which four wires out of the six wires coming off of my Wantai steppers I need to use if I am wiring them in bipolar half coil. The steppers are Wantai 57bygh633 and drivers are DQ542MA, here is a good link with all the specs http://http://www.aliexpress.com/ite...608561184.html

I think I need to use the yellow and white wires but after that, I can not figure out which other two wires to use and how they are wired into the drivers. I am asking for a straight forward "White wire to 'A'+\Yellow wire to 'A'-, leave Green wire unconnected...etc. I have done lots of research and figured out most things on my own, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around this probable simple wiring diagram.

Thanks for any and all help...

Your link is not working correctly.

According to the information shown at Hybrid Stepping Motor 57BYGH:Hybrid Stepping Motor 57BYGH wholesaler

You have identified the center tap of each winding (yellow for one of the windings, white for the other).

To do a half-coil hookup, you need to pair the center-tap wire with either of the other wires of the same winding, and tape off the other one.

It does not matter whether the center tap wire or the other wire from the winding is connected to A+ or A-. Neither does it matter which wire from the other winding goes to B+ or B-.

So, here is one possible hookup:

A+ Yellow
    A- Black
    Tape off: Green

B+ White
    B- Red
    Tape off: Blue

On the chance that the mfgr documentation is wrong (unlikely) or that the motors are mislabled (still not terribly likely, but I've seen it happen) this page documents a number of ways of working out the motor wiring yourself:
    techref.massmind.org/techref/io/stepper/wires.htmand this page shows all the different ways motors can be driven, with pros and cons for each:
    techref.massmind.org/techref/io/stepper/wires.htm
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Thanks Doorknob for providing me exactly what I was looking for and thanks James for a very useful link I will keep bookmarked.