588,219 active members*
4,170 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

waylube on all the time

What is the best way to get the waylube to be off while the machine is not running? We don't run this machine all the time. There are spells where it may be down for days or weeks at a time each month. Should I program the controller (Fanuc 15-M) to only lubricate if the machine is running or is there a better alternative? Thanks Bob

Assuming your machine does not need any feedback from you lubrification pump, you could just put the wires from the coil of your motor contactor and put it in series with a on/off switch. Here I am assuming we're talking about something like a 24Vdc or 120Vac coil for your motor contactor. If it's higher, you should use the NO (could use NC too) connection of another contactor with proper rating with the 120Vac coil (or wtv you have available that is safe to use in a switch), this coil activated/deactivated by an on/off switch. The NO connection would be in series with the connection going to the motor contactor's coil. There are also the high voltage switches that can be bought, though you would be spending your money for nothing. Cheers and don't do this if you don't understand what I am writing about, ask someone qualified!!

-and put your padlock.

So is the machine off, or just sitting powered up?
    Normally, if it's a plunger style pump, you want those to run anytime the machine is not in emergency stop. Emergency stop should kill the power to the pump. If not, it would be a simple wiring change.

The machine is just sitting powered up. I did not want to risk leaving it powered down and wipe the program away. I will look into whether the Added switch or the e stop will be a better way for us to go.
    Thanks For the advise.
    Bob

What type of way oil is required for Fanuc controled cnc machines?

That has to do with the machine itself, most times oil 68 is used for lubrification. Cheers.

Thanks,that's what I was thinking.

68 is the type we use on all of ours. The manufacturer could answer this question pretty quick though.

Some of ours are T68, some are DTE light, some are Vac1.