587,735 active members*
2,733 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: We Cim help

Hybrid View

We Cim help

I am trying to figure out in we cim how to make cuts on a cad drawing line without it being set for kerf comp and without having a lead. These would be for bending parts and or piercing holes. Normally I load a drawing selecting the power/tip size for the offset and strip the original drawing from autocad. I then select the part and create auto lead in/out. Thanks.

slammedxonair,

The ability to automaticly cut open profile lines without kerf compensation and lead ins is one of many new features in We-cim version 19. The new feature automaticly applies kerf comp and lead ins to closed profiles and no kerf comp or lead ins to open profiles.

Recently I had two 5' x 5' artsy type signs to cut for a customer with about 100 open profile lines. All of my previous files had open and closed profiles so like you I had never encountered open profile lines. There might be a way to do each line manually by turning off and on the kerf comp and applying leads for each profile in the drawing.

But for me, dealing with 100 open profile lines, upgrading to version 19 was a no brainer. At $200.00 I thought the 19 version upgrade was well worth the money.

You also mentioned piercing holes. Not sure when you purchased your We-cim software, but shortly after I purchased my version 18 a feature was added that automaticly recognized "points" in your cad drawing as pierce holes. I would enter points in my cad drawings to pierce mark hole locations. I would then locate on the pierce mark and punch the hole with my iron worker.

Magma-joe

slammedxonair

Give me a call and I can walk you through what to do.

Gary Wittlock

Gary I have tried to get in contact with you a couple times and have not had any success, could you post the directions on here, as it would probably help others as well. It seems to me like it would be something fairly easy I just can not figure it out.

Or if anybody else knows how to do this please post. Basically all I want to do is have a couple lines or points in the file with no kerf comp lines or, lead in or out. The rest of the drawing would the same way I have been doing it for years. Open we cim, click file>open find my file, pre rotate angle =0, strip layers is checked, auto save in source folder is checked. I click open. Import cad drawing comes up, Dynatorch my tool setup, inventory and layer setup are ready to go. I click ok, I click the + button at the bottom and then create auto lead in/out and hit apply, then write the code and cut. That is pretty much all I use we cim for, I did just now notice the closed profile restrictions in the auto lead in/out and I never knew was there. So now the only thing I need to figure out how to do is keep the lines or points that will be pierce holes or bend lines from being offset with kerf comp.

Thanks.

slammedxonair

Not knowing what company you are with, it is hard to know what version of the software you have. It depends on with version you have. If you have V18it is a little bit more of a manual process if you have V19 then you can set it up to be all automatic.

Let me know what version you have. Have you been to training?

As far as not be able to contact me, I am not sure why that would be. I have been out of the office this week but I always return messages. The only thing I know is I asked you to call back in Novemeber which you may have done since again I do not know what company you are with.

Anyway let me know what version you have and maybe what company you are with so I can better support you.

As I understand the issue you have parts that have some internal cuts which are opened. On those cuts you would like the torch to run center line and have no leads applied. On all closed cuts you do want to torch offsetted for the kerf and you do want leads applied is that correct?

Gary

I called back in and got a hold of somebody. This was very simple like I thought it would be and takes about 5 seconds to do. So if anybody else wants to know how to do this just let me know and I'll post up the directions. This will work great for making lines in parts so they can be bent by hand and then welded up later. The new version of the program sounds to have a lot more options as well, especially for piercing holes.