588,204 active members*
3,972 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

We lost a member

From what I gather Catch22 is one of Stevies friends, says Stevie passed away yesterday.

Stevie was the guy who built the really nice home made CNC mills and lathes, and was kind enough to share the builds with everyone.

CATCH22
    Chip Sweeper
    Donation Contributor

Guys I Have Some Sad News The Man You Know As Stevie Has Passed Away,he Had A Heart Attack Last Night And Died. I Dont Really Know Where To Post This So That Everyone Can See It So If Someone Could Do That I Would Appreciate It. If Anyone Would Like To Know Anything More I Will Do My Best To Fill In The Blanks. Thanks Mike

thats very sad, I enjoyed his posts here. thanks for letting us know

He is a true lost to this forum , I too enjoyed his projects and postings. Many blessings to his family.......

all my condolances, my stomach dropped as i heard the news. how old was he? wish his family well for me.
    sorry to hear the news.

ryan.
    On the other hand, You have different fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino
    how old was he?
    Only about 50, I believe. Very sad.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I thoroughly enjoyed every one of Stevie's posts and photos that I ever came across here. The world has lost a truly talented person. My prayers go out to all his family and friends.

Brian

Sorry to hear the bad news. Though I didn't know of him till now and read some of his posts he sounded like a great guy. I'm truely sorry for everyones lose. He will be very missed here. My condolances to his family and friends.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by ger21
    Only about 50, I believe.
    Life is short, reminds us whats important. Sincere condolences to his family & friends, both on and off the zone.

Condolences to his family and friends. He was a good contributer here at CNCzone, with over 800 posts.

Here are the threads he started.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/search...earchid=800698

RIP Stevie.

:edit: I'm going to sticky this thread for a while :/edit:
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Man that's very sad! My condolences to his family and friends as well.

Not been here long myself (3 weeks of lurking and my second post) it's sad that someone so talented is lost! His legacy to the machinist orientated community will live on in his posts (great work Stevie RIP) I've enjoyed reading your posts and learned some good pointers in the process. May the lord take you and keep you safe Stevie and thank you for your contribution to the worldwide repository of knowledge. To his family and friends you have my sincere condolences. Keith
    Keith

I was helping Steve via email on August 1 about trying out the P5 motors with some amplifiers he found. Usually he would respond back right away (we would bounce back and forth quite a few emails) but I haven't heard anything more from him since August 1...now I know why. So sad. He was such a nice guy and so energetic about making things.

Out of 30,000 members here, some stand out. Stevie was one of them. I always enjoyed his contributions.

Tragic.

RIP Stevie.

Konstantin.

Tragic as it is, I think he died doing something he loved! (You would have to if it were your hobby and your job)

I don't know him personally, but with a great group of people like this, all coming together helping out, I have to think he really loved doing this and he will live on in everyone’s memories.

His posts will serve as an example in excellence and be an inspiration to all.

He was one of the "good guys"

RiP

Toast one to Stevie :cheers:
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Sincerest Condolences...