588,657 active members*
5,600 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

We need small CNC

We're looking for small 3 Axis CNC Vertical Mill similar to Tormach PCNC 1100.

Question Just buy the Tormach PCNC 1100

Why not just buy the Tormach PCNC 1100, its a great machine.

Have not enough money

What are you going to make with it and what is your budget?

Please be more detailed about what your requirements are.

I have a bridgeport series 2, 3axis cnc mill i could make you a deal on .... it may be larger than what your looking for but its a great machine in great condition and most likely fit into your budget ..I'll attach some pics for you to view... the machine is fully tooled.. i also have an OKK MCV 300 for sale ... this machine is a great cnc and has over 140 cat45 tool holders with it.

KyleH2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymisis View Post
    I have a bridgeport series 2, 3axis cnc mill i could make you a deal on .... it may be larger than what your looking for but its a great machine in great condition and most likely fit into your budget ..I'll attach some pics for you to view... the machine is fully tooled.. i also have an OKK MCV 300 for sale ... this machine is a great cnc and has over 140 cat45 tool holders with it.
    Where are you located?

is this for pleasure or business

if its business then your best bet would be to source out your parts until you can afford to buy a real production machine , the key to making money in manufacturing is efficiency , and definitely anything below and in my opinion including a tormach is not an efficient machine for any true production
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

machines are located in crescent valley, NV ... its about 60 miles west of Elko, NV.. send me your e-mail addie and i'll gladly send you pics

I just checked out the Tormach PCNC 1100 for the first time and in my my opinion its just a very expensive toy.. it looks like someone took a mill drill and slapped some steppers on it and called it a CNC .. I imagine for the home hobbyist with cash to blow it might be attractive but i cant take that machine seriously..for the same amount of money you could buy a used fadel, mori seki, or okk just to name a few in great condition that will give you years of service in a precision production enviorment. there asking $16,000.00 for a complete package on this machine less shipping ... and the damn thing doesn't even have an ATC. here are the spec's on the machine : take particular note of the ways, they are "NOT" hardened and ground.

Table Size: 34” x 9.5”
    Table Slots: 3 Slots 5/8”
    Travel: 18” x 9.5” x 16.25” (X, Y, Z)
    Spindle Nose to Table: 17” maximum
    Spindle Center to Column: 11”
    Spindle Nose Diameter: 3 3/8”
    Spindle Taper: R8
    Spindle Construction: Cartridge with
    spindle lock
    Spindle Power: 1.5 hp
    Spindle Speed: 300 to 4500 RPM
    Transmission: Belt Drive, 2 ratios
    Weight: 1130 lbs net / 1296 lbs gross
    Shipping Dimensions: 56” x 45” x 60”
    (L-W-H)
    Work piece: 500 lbs Maximum
    Rapid traverse: 65 IPM
    Axis Drives: High Performance Stepper
    Motors with Microstepping
    Drivers.
    Controller: PC – Windows XP or 2000
    Power requirements: 220-260 VAC
    single phase
    (115 VAC option)
    Features
    • Single Shot Lube Pump
    • 15 point lubrication
    • PTFE Bonded Slide Ways
    • ISO/DIN P4 Grade Ballscrews

Quote Originally Posted by Nymisis View Post
    in my my opinion its just a very expensive toy..

thats the way i see it , i think its a nice toy but not a production machine .
    its made in china , uses stepper motors rather than servo , rapids are only 65ipm absolutely no meantion of repeatability ,from what ive read most of them drop the z axis when powered down .
    the bit of difference in price between the tormach and a toolroom haas isnt much if a person is to look at it from a business stand point , and dollar for dollar there is no need to even compare the two , a toolroom haas blows that thing away

i'm not slamming the tormach , i'd love to have one for home but i just dont see that as a proiduction machine especially concidering how slow and under powered it is
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........