588,443 active members*
5,143 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 171 of 422 71121161169170171172173181221271
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 8430
    Hi,
    By profession I am an electronic engineer and is into cnc for about a year and a half. Like others in the community I too have a passion for it. I am willing to share and learn from others.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayasTeo View Post
    Hi everyone....I am an amateur woodworker that would like to get into CNC routing , I am sure I can learn from you guys.
    Thank you
    Hi, there are a few thing you need to know before you start.
    1) Basic electronics (fortunately not very much is requires) to understand polarity (positive and negative, ground, neutral etc.
    2) Ability to solder parts (in some cases connecting wires to the limit switches, connecting wires etc)
    3) How to use a computer (I believe you have that skill, you made a post)
    4) Ability to use a multimeter (Digital or Analog)
    5) Use hand tools (Drill, screwdrivers, Measuring tape etc)
    6) Understand the pin-out of a computer ports
    7) Do you plan on using a desktop or laptop computer

Note: Having a CNC router or plasma is only one part, you would need a program to run it such as mach3 (last price from the official site was $175 US) and a program to generate G-codes cut files. There are several out there so do a search and count the cost before you start.

Before we get into the real building stuff you need to know what size of unit you need and how much you are willing to spend. Do you want it out of wood or metal?
    Most people want to build a router table (to carve and engrave wood). If you are thinking of a plasma to cut metal, the cost will dramatically jump because the plasma requires: a plasma cutter, a compressor, hose, air filter and in some cases 240 volts supply depending on the thickness of metal you would want to cut. General rule, the thicker the metal to be cut, the more expensive the plasma equipment needed.

If you can meet the above requirements, let me know and I will continue with what you need to proceed.

Just starting out, no cnc of my own - yet. Thanks for having me.

I am new to CNC. I am just completing the build of my first CNC mill. I have visited here many times looking for answers. Seems like a nice community that has a lot of expertise, so I thought I would make it official and sign up.

Hello everyone here!

Hi there,
    New to CNC, familiar with robotics, Arduino and Python though. I've been meaning to build one for years, but got lazy and bought myself a 3020 from ebay. I am now in the process of getting it working and plan to turn it into a GRBL based thing.

Going to mostly use it for forming brackets and chassis bits for robots, but also try to do PCB prototypes with it too.

Thanks,
    Danny

Just new here. coming straight from Europe, and starting to build my first diy cnc machine. so hoping for some good info

cheers

Hello - new to CNC machining or really any kind of industrial machining period. I'm a maintenance supervisor in Central Indiana, where we produce aerospace components. I may go back and provide an account for my company so that future maintenance members can log in and receive help, or assist in helping where we've been helped.

I believe that sometimes the best and cheapest way to fix a problem is to find someone else that has had that problem, and so it's good to be a part of this community. Thanks to everyone that is already involved here for your participation so that we newbies can learn from you.

Hello All - Had CNC in the back of my mind for a while to possibly one-off some parts for the car projects and have finally pulled the trigger and started to acquire parts. I'm sure I will learn a lot here as the build progresses.

GS

Hi folks
    I am a retiree ( from Australia) still active and developing things. My latest venture involves a cnc process using a local signwriters machine for my development. Being an amateur I have a few questions but maybe also add to the forum from my experience in different areas

hello,

I need schematic diagram of stepper motor drive accurate .

thank u

Hello,

This is my first post and I am just redirected here after getting registered with this community.

I am Adalina, and I am an employer in a reputed firm.

Hello
    I work with an artist in Bristol, UK, interested in all kinds of making
    Signed up because i need to find a great laser cutting company for a big job
    Paul

how big Paul, and what materials? We are in Devon.

A 50m tall spire made of Corten
    It is a war memorial made of 25611 laser cut names
    BBC News - Mystery donor secures WW2 Bomber Command memorial spire
    can i email you details?

Just joined. Hello everybody

Its a 50m tall spire made of corten
    A war memorial made up of 25611 laser cut names
    can i send you some details

Just joined, so hello !

Let the CNC madness begin!!!!! HAHAHAHA!

Hallo all, hope this journey will not end in frustration as I'm new to cnc. But I'm sure the experienced one's will have lots of info out here....so here we go I guess post number 1 it will be.

Page 171 of 422 71121161169170171172173181221271