Page 290 of 405 190240280288289290291292300340390
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 8430

Hybrid View

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Quote Originally Posted by fxcity View Post
    hi anyone know alphacam
    I'm familiar with version 7.5

I am using alpha cam and i recently cut chipboard, there is chattering coming i adjust spindle speed and feeds but still coming
    i used 12mm router bit 45mm chipboard with four toll passes. i hav a confusion with spindle speed and feed.
    please advice me the the best speed and feed for cutting particle board / chipboard iam attaching picture of tool and value entered in alpha cam
    :drowning: plz help anyoneAttachment 298674Attachment 298676

I am using alpha cam and i recently cut chipboard, there is chattering coming i adjust spindle speed and feeds but still coming
    i used 12mm router bit 45mm chipboard with four toll passes. i hav a confusion with spindle speed and feed.
    please advice me the the best speed and feed for cutting particle board / chipboard iam attaching picture of tool and value entered in alpha cam
    It looks to me like you need up your spindle speed to 16,000-18,000 depending on what your tool is rated, and slow your feed rate down to 400-500 then adjust from there. What is your chip load?

I am retired control engineer.I have a special interest on mechanical measurements.My equipment includes three lathes a Unimat a Russian bench top and a Romanian
    Infratirea 320x750 mm floor model. Also a Rong fu 45 clone and a small but very useful ERFREZ Yerivan armenian milling machine.There are electronics lab tools an
    oscilloscope various power supplies signal generators multimeters e.t.c.I will try to show some of my projects (photos) after i will find the procedure to do so.
    Ariscats

Great site, google keeps putting me here while looking for Kitamura/Fanuc 6m stuff. Hope to learn a lot and make good use of the machine when its working 100%.

Hello to all! Just joied the forum, looking forward to reading and participating on here, a wealth of information and experience! I hope I have something to offer back to the community!

Quote Originally Posted by GPSE107 View Post
    Great site, google keeps putting me here while looking for Kitamura/Fanuc 6m stuff. Hope to learn a lot and make good use of the machine when its working 100%.
    I'm with this guy. We inherited a 1981.1 Ktamura MyCenter 2 with a Fanuc System 6m. I used to CAM with MasterCAM 8 and send files to this machine for my friend back in about 2009. He has since passed away and the machine was used periodically by the new shop owner, he replaced a bunch of parts, then got fed up with it, gave us a great deal on it. Turns out when he replaced it with a newer model and had issues with IT right away, he traced it down to the power coming into his shop had a very high leg making it over 250v.

Either way, he was getting a spindle stop button alarm when the program would get to the m3 spindle start (I can't seem to find it, no alarm light on the panel like if the air is off), so he replaced all the spindle buttons. Now cycle start doesn't work. Can see in the diagnostics page that bits are changing when buttons are pressed, tested continuity after pulling the panel etc. Not sure if it should be posted in the Kitamura or Fanuc section, but will make a more formal post with the diagnostic info.

Been lurking here since first figuring out how to send files and do light programming, we made many hobby/car parts with this machine, very good source of info. Hopefully we can help other as well.

-J

Just joined, so.... Hello!

I needed some tooling made, punch and dies for making small blanks (.390 x .565 x .025 - 1/32" corners). After I was quoted a price of $575 for 1 and I currently need 3 of different sizing, with 7 more in the future quoted figures being the smallest, I decided to jump into the machining world and buy the #44991 x2 clone from HF. I have 0% experience in machining, CAD, CAM or CNC, but have done some blacksmithing, lol.

Eventually I might cnc this one or upgrade to a better mill, but glad to be here, ya'll have provided much learning already. I look forward to a lot more reading and pestering ya'll with questions. My neighbor ( we just moved) is real friendly as well and retired from tool and die work.

Currently waiting for funds to consolidate into an account then gonna drop the hammer.

Oh ya, I live in Southern Indiana in a little town called Hanover.

Hi all.

I'm new in all this and i trying to build and use an mini cnc.

LOL, love the auto welcome.

I am not new to this and not trying to build a CNC machine. I am a Carvewrong survivor and got a Shark a few months ago. I have little good to say about the Carvewrong and plenty of good things to say about the Shark.

By day I unfork computers, by night I'm either pumping out things on the CNC as a hobby/extra cash source or I'm spending time at the American Legion, Post 127, Buford, GA. I'm not a veteran but am a member of the SAL due to my dad's WWII/Korea service. Somewhere in all that I rumble my bikes around the area.

Hello everyone

I've been using a Laguna CNC with a friends company to create my own guitar and bass bodies and necks and pick guards , and recently purchased an X-Carve to try and learn toolpathing on my own. Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Hello,

I'm building snowboard for a hobby since 2008 and I am really interested with all the opportunities a CNC could give me. I plan to build one probably this year and I hope CNC Zone will be able to help me achieve my goal!

A little bit more on my background, I just graduated in mechanical engineering and I'm now a mechanical designer for a heavy duty automation company. I want to have a better understanding of the fabrication process to become a better designer and CNC is a good start. I'm also a big fan of robotic.

Have a good day!

Hi all!

Hobbyist in metalworking and CNC machining, a professional mechanical design engineer. I have a 3-axis Fanuc controller Argo A1 VMM and just purchased an Okuma LB15. Any info on the lathe is highly appreciated, I'm a complete newbie in CNC Lathe working.

Hi all
    I'm a machine operator, no formal training everything I've learned has been hands on trial and error. No major crashes Yet! :banana:

Have been looking around for some time and decided to finally register. I am in the planning stages of CNCing a g0704(still to be purchased). Have really enjoyed all the wonderful information here so far. I am just a hobbyist, and I don't have any formal education in the field, but I am looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Whats up I'm eBagger

I went to school for an associates in mechanical engineering but I ended up just getting AutoCAD certified.

I still have a passion for engineering and these forums are full of interesting engineering talk.

Hi Folks. I just joined the forum. I've been lurking around this site for a while reading about the 6040 cnc routers. Mine just showed up today and since I'm new to cnc , this forum seems like the right place to share what I'm going to learn, and also learn from many of you who have already had a start in cnc machining. Everything I do involves fabrication in wood, metal, or composites. Mostly custom automotive parts, but also things like cabinetry and just off the wall crafts. I started with a Dremel when I was 8 years old, and made my way up to a Bridgeport nc mill and a South Bend 16x40 engine lathe. Everything I want to make is curvy.... After thousands of hours on those machines, I've decided that I want to learn the cnc machining process. I'm excited to be here!

Hello Everyone,
    I'm just finishing off a CNC router I bought unfinished off of someone that started the project and then lost interest. It is based on the original buildyourcnc.com design I think. My plan is to use it to build one of Dave Gatton's CNCSIDEWINDER designs. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced router to start out with?

Quote Originally Posted by atarijeff View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm just finishing off a CNC router I bought unfinished off of someone that started the project and then lost interest. It is based on the original buildyourcnc.com design I think. My plan is to use it to build one of Dave Gatton's CNCSIDEWINDER designs. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced router to start out with?
    You have to go into your settings and change the thread display order to 'oldest to newest' (or something like that).

Yeah I figured it out. On most other forums that is the default setting. Guess they do things a little different here.

Page 290 of 405 190240280288289290291292300340390