588,495 active members*
4,468 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 328 of 422 228278318326327328329330338378
Results 6,541 to 6,560 of 8430

Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Hello Every one I am jack from China a developing country. :wave: Glad to talk with you here about CNC technology and ac servo system. Wish i can take things what you are interested and learn more each other.Also i am a friendly guy and would like to make friends all over the worlds.If you are interested in CNC machine controller for metal working (lathe/turning and milling/drilling) CNC plasma cutting machine system. AC servo motor&driver. You can contact me, I would like to share with you what i know and give you a hand.

hi all
    gary here from austrailia first time on a forum
    grew up on dairy farm but in my younger days i was a welder making ute and truck trays then become a truck driver for many years
    now back home on the farm as a jack of all trades fixing and repairing all sorts of things
    i have a colchester 1800 lath two mig welders and a 3 phase plasma cutting
    so my aim is to stop free hand cutting and leap into the land plasma cnc i am a beginer stage 1 ...so i think DIY project
    so any ideas and plans all welcome
    look forward to chatting cheers junior

Question Re: Welcome thread-tell us about you.

Maxwell here.

How are you doing all. I am a Mechanical Engineer and also a Lecturer at a Polytechnic in Zimbabwe. I teach several courses CAD/CAM, Manufacturing Technology, and Engineering Production included.

I would like to also take this opportunity to ask anyone with information on the best simulation software I can use for my CNC programs besides MasterCAM.

Thank You in advance.

Greetings,
    My name is Will. I am a new member and looking forward to learning about CNC . Thank you.

Hello All
    Andrzej here from Poland. Im first time on a forum.

Hi everyone from Romania.
    I have a 100W laser cutter machine and would love to talk to other laser machine owners.

see you around

Smile About MadAubrey

Hi all from Aubrey (AKA MadMan) form Johannesburg, South Africa.
    My home CNC "career" started around 2000 when I built a small machine (on a 400mm x 400mm x 5mm piece of plate)
    All the mechanics (slides, tables, screws, motor mounts etc) were done in 2 weeks and then the trouble started.
    Those years pre-assembled modules were very expensive and all I could do was try to build what I needed myself off of circuits found on the web.
    And of course there were endless compatibility issues.
    But the biggest problem was me - although I am a qualified engineering artisan, I am worse than useless with electronics.
    Essentially
    Code:
    ME + TRANSISTOR = EXPENSIVE BLUE SMOKE !!
    After going through about 30 PIC processors and a lot of other "electronic" stuff (and 2 computers that I managed to blow up) I had a choice to make.
    Eventually I shelved the project - simply too expensive and too grinding on the nerves and morale.
    Now I have retired and we are busy getting ready to sell our house (with my 9 meter x 9 meter workshop) and I found the old mini mill project.
    So it is now time for a second bite at the apple and try to get the mill working.
    Other equipment I have : small Chinese lathe/mill, drill press, welder, grinders, power drills and a lifetimes worth of spanners and suchlike.
    Once we have moved (November or so) I intend to complete the project and if/when that happens I have a NICE project in mind - more later on that.
    So please be gentle because I am going to drive everyone totally nuts with my questions.
    I am one of those people that cannot simply accept an answer if I do not understand it.
    Drives my family up the wall. Most other sane people too - hence the name

Hi All,
    Thor here from Perth WA, Australia. Looking to find out a heap of info on DIY CNC :-)

Thor

My name is Scott, I'm from the Bloomington, IN area and work for a small limestone mill, Accent Limestone & Carving. I manage and operate our OMAG Mill98 CNC 3 axis mill, based on a NUM 1040 controller.

Hello everybody. My name is Dave. I work in education and acquired a new interest in CNC, Just recently took the plunge and purchased a small CNC router hoping to learn "hands on" and from the experience of people on this forum. I want to use the CNC primarily for PCB's but also for making aluminum cutouts for my audio amplifiers.

Greetings my name is Kris, my father and I decided to start a business which we know nothing about...We built a large shop and powered it up with 3phase, bought equipment from an auction and hired a machinist. So I thought this forum would be a great start to read through and learn. Thanks for letting me join.

Hello all.
    My name is Renier and I'm from South Africa. I design and build composite rifle stocks for a living. I'm fairly new to CNC.
    I bought a small DIY built CNC router and after a lot of suffering and re-engineering, I'm getting to the point of cutting useful items on it.
    Looking forward to participate on the boards and to learn from the gurus.

Howdy all. I am Pete Petznick with CAP Bros MotorSports from Kansas City MO. I own and operate a small manufacturing company that specializes in axle, wheel and chassis components for the Tractor Pulling industry. I have been operating FANUC systems on a CNC mill and lathe for 2 years.

hi everyone, louis here for the first time. i am a sales of precision machining parts in china, i work in this field for some years and I can handle most of the things related to cnc machining work.
    welcome all friends here in this forum to communicate. thank you!

Dear Renier, When you used the Word Gurus it means you are from India????

Hello all, New machine owner.. (old machine) and a new operator ! I have a product being made and I am hoping this new machine will help reduce production costs... I will scour the forums looking for things... Like plastic bead buying, bead dryers, colorant, tool making, machine help and such..

To be of help to the community (for whatever its worth) I scanned in my Boy15s manual and converted it into a searchable pdf format. but its to large to post.. Anyone link me to the admins to have the limit banned for this upload? 65.5Megs..

Hi everyone from Australia!

I have purchased a CNC6040, unfortunately the seller BilbyCNC can not stand behind their (Chinese imported) product. The only reason I decided to step up and tell you of my experience is to hopefully save you the problems I am having now. Chris Bilby from BilbyCNC is a scam artist to be polite.The machine arrived with the VSD incorrectly programmed, and not electrically earthed. I've heard of similar problems from other buyers so it seems to be common. Please be careful, electrically ground your machines! Check the spindle motors, the electrical earth is not soldered in on my machine either.

To add insult to injury, I was assured this machine can cut aluminum with reasonably good finish, however I have massive play on the X and Y, so much so that anything harder than plywood/pine is out of the question. The round rails and half blocks on the X and Y is nasty and cheap, be warned.

I sincerely hope that this helps someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sachinzawar View Post
    Dear Renier, When you used the Word Gurus it means you are from India????
    No, Sir. I am from South Africa. I used the word in a proverbial sense, where a guru is meant someone of great wisdom and experience.
    Thank you.

Hello,
    Machinist always looking to solve problems, and acquire new information.

Hi All,
    My name is Marcelo, here from Rio de janeiro, Brazil. Looking to find out a heap of info on DIY CNC :-)

Page 328 of 422 228278318326327328329330338378