587,781 active members*
2,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: weldment

We often process welded framework as construction steel. On this part we face mill several display stands with a measure head. That always take an eternity and the lifetime is also very low. As far as we know we “rough” with a Seco Turbo D63 and for the “finishing” an Alesa D63.

Does anybody have any experience with the processing of such unstable parts and can anybody help me to find a good measuring head?

One which enables me to run faster so that lifetime is also higher.

Kind regards
    <b>Mikron VCE 1400Pro </b>

When it swings open then it’s best so use a small VHM cutter.
    With the correct strategy, you won’t be slower than if you would use a big measuring head.
    <b><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->&#33;&#33; Mein alter Nickname: canon &#33;&#33;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></b><br /><br />Beginnt man das System zu hinterfragen, so erkennt man deutlich, dass die „Wahrheit“ zumeist entgegengesetzt des scheinbaren zu finden ist.<br /><ul><li>Wenn wir uns heute keine Zeit für unsere Gesundheit nehmen, werden wir uns später viel Zeit für unsere Krankheiten nehmen müssen.</li><li>Wenn es klemmt - wende Gewalt an. Wenn es kaputt geht, hätte es sowieso erneuert werden müssen.</li></ul>

Walter Tigertec VC=230 FZ=0.42

hapo Guest
    As x90cr writes, the strategy is vital.
    I would keep the cutting pressure small but constant if possible…
    • smaller 3- or 4-cutter
    • mill in the direction of the support
    • cut overlay with 3-cutter~0,8D with a 4-cutter~0,5D
    • support the part as close to the clamping as possible