588,224 active members*
5,073 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > What cad cam software for lathe

What cad cam software for lathe

Hi All

We have just bought a hardinge T42 2 axis lathe.
    We are looking for a simple turning software to simplify the programing, can any one offer a suggestion.
    We currently have ONE CNC 2000 mill proffesonal but believe that we would need to update it to a more recent version before we could get the lathe package as well.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

JBO

Welcome JBO,

Lathe and Mill are separate program in the OneCNC line. So you could purchase Lathe separately without updating the Mill software.

But did you know that Mill 2000 was updated to Mill 2003 as a free update?
    You should call Onecnc and get that update.

Also OneCNC has had two major upgrades since Mill 2003. First there was XP series which had lots of user enhancements ..and Now the current version is XR series. It also has tons of enhancements over XP series.

I started with Mill2000 just like you and you really owe it to yourself to see the XR series..like night and day..no other way to put it.

Also XR Lathe is currently in the final stages of Beta..and soon to be released.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the info
    I did not know that the update from 2000 to 2003 was free.

I have seen the new product and you are correct it is very different.

We have had a lot of trouble getting 2000 to post to our machines, we are running siemans 410D controls on our mills and there has been a lot of adjustments needed within the control to get the software to run.
    In fact we have only run 1 program to date.

The lathe is running a faunc control so we donot thinck we will have problems posting to it.

I will call onecnc today and see what I can find out

Thanks again for the Info

JBO

JBO,

The new XR series (and the XP series for that matter) have a much more configurable post. So getting it set up for your machine should be no problem..lots of posts and help over at the OneCNC forum.

Also the Mill2003 series post can be configured too...just a bit different than the newer series stuff..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Simple Turning Software

Hi ... if you're looking for something to simplify your programming ... KipwareT from www.KentechInc.com might be worth a look.