588,034 active members*
4,147 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > What do you like best about your BobCAD V25 ?

View Poll Results: What features most made you want to upgrade to BobCAD V25?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stock & Toolpath Wizards

5 23.81%
  • Multiple Machine Setups

5 23.81%
  • Additional and or Better Tool & Toolpath Options

12 57.14%
  • 2D Machining from 3D Models

6 28.57%
  • CAD Functionality

4 19.05%
  • Performance Enhancements

4 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 123
    I'd love to see some improvements to BobArt. Treating an Emboss operation the way a Feature is treated in the CAM tree, allowing copying, etc. would be a big help. I did a complex piece not long ago that had over 100 Emboss operations, many of which were almost identical. It would have been nice to copy and just re-select geometry.

Another change that would be great is using a surface as the Stock for an Emboss. That would allow a lot of flexibility that's currently missing. There are workarounds, but it would be pretty nice to just have it in the toolbox.

Luke
    "All I'm trying to find out is the fellow's name on first base" -- Lou Costello

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    Just in case you didnt know, you can add a height for this in your post processor. Also, a dynamic one can be added with scripting.

If this is just a request to have a setting in the UI without having to add it in yourself, then you can disregard this post.
    Thanks, Yes I have made 4 different post's with different tool change z heights, but I just think it would be just more user friendly and easy to just add setting in the UI. So a user doesnt have to go through all that for a simple settting.

I have bobcad V25 3 axis Pro and I want to use dovetails and T-cutter mills without have to invent my own compensations. Looks like it only works with cilindrical endmills.

Page 3 of 3 123