588,566 active members*
5,507 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > What machine for coin dies?
    Appologise if I'm interupting or on the wrong chat room sight new to the sight and just getting use to it! Desperate to know what sort of machine you guys think I should get for making 2d coin dies, I will be doing very fine work and looking for a 1:1 pantograph/mill, any comments would be much appriciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMST View Post
    Appologise if I'm interupting or on the wrong chat room sight new to the sight and just getting use to it! Desperate to know what sort of machine you guys think I should get for making 2d coin dies, I will be doing very fine work and looking for a 1:1 pantograph/mill, any comments would be much appriciated.
    "coin dies"? are you going to make money with it?...your own I mean, ha ha!

Fred at IMService is making money with his digitiser

http://www.cnczone.com/gallery/showp...ppuser/25/sl/i

Saw a show on the Discovery channel about dies at the US mint. Very fine work indeed!
    Wayne Hill

There is more profit in paper currency.

Matt

I've always thought that those were EDMed somehow but the electrode would require machining.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl6549 View Post
    "coin dies"? are you going to make money with it?...your own I mean, ha ha!
    In the uk so the time delay stinks, would like to but dont think the gov would approve!! Have this little idea that may make me a little though! With computers these days thought there must be something out there rather than making a masters for fine work! If not may be thats a money spinner!!!